Adding 'From £' to products with multiple prices only

Essex Dog Supplies

On my site I need to display 'From £' prices for products that have multiple options that change the price only.

For example, a bag of 2kg dog food is £5.99 which is the cheapest, then a 10kg bag is £13.99.

If I have products that come in a different colour but not there is change to the price, I don't need it to display a 'From £' price.

I hope this makes sense and hopefully someone can give me a solution that works.

Cheers.

I'm using PS v1.4.9

Edited by Essex Dog Supplies (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I can help you with half of your problem.

To display "Price from" when a product has attributes change to following in product_list.tpl:

{if isset($product.show_price) && $product.show_price && !isset($restricted_country_mode)}<span class="price" style="display: inline;">{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}</span>{/if}

to

{if isset($product.show_price) && $product.show_price && !isset($restricted_country_mode)}<span class="price" style="display: inline;">{l s='Price '}{if $product.id_product_attribute > 0}{l s='from'} {/if}{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}</span>{/if}

Then just make the product combination with the lowest price the default combination.

As for excluding this on products with attributes where there is no price difference I'm not sure.  Perhaps you could use an {if} condition to include/exclude the code on specific products or categories, but someone else may have to help with that...

Edited by pel024 (see edit history)