Hide First and Last name in New Customer -> Delivery address

Hi developers,

By default presta auto get Fist and Last name for Delivery address from New Customer field. Okay way to show several times same information for clients? I want to make these fields more user friendly.

I want to hide FIRST and LAST NAME from delivery address in opc-new-account.tpl (customer view) but in dashboards to have these information in order delivery address - I want to hide fields for customer but not for me - lets they again to be auto filled from New Customers field info.

Attach picture if you miss understanding. I try to hide it with div class and css but without success.

post-335617-0-84450900-1392472504_thumb.jpg

Suggestions?

• 4 months later...

Your theme/order-opc-new-account.tpl edit:

on 182 line you can find: 

<h3>{l s='Delivery address'}</h3>

<p class="required text"><label for="firstname">{l s='First name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
<input type="text" class="text" id="firstname" name="firstname" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.firstname}{$guestInformations.firstname}{/if}" />
</p>
{elseif $field_name eq "lastname"}
<p class="required text">
<label for="lastname">{l s='Last name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
<input type="text" class="text" id="lastname" name="lastname" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.lastname}{$guestInformations.lastname}{/if}" />
</p>

U can delete it or just comment.

• 2 months later...

Your theme/order-opc-new-account.tpl edit:

on 182 line you can find: 

<h3>{l s='Delivery address'}</h3>

<p class="required text"><label for="firstname">{l s='First name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
<input type="text" class="text" id="firstname" name="firstname" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.firstname}{$guestInformations.firstname}{/if}" />
</p>
{elseif $field_name eq "lastname"}
<p class="required text">
<label for="lastname">{l s='Last name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
<input type="text" class="text" id="lastname" name="lastname" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.lastname}{$guestInformations.lastname}{/if}" />
</p>

U can delete it or just comment.

If you just delete these lines, you will get an error thats first & last name is missing & required.

Even if you remove the validation, the delivery address will have no data saved for the fields (first name, last name). 

I believe that the proper approach should be to hide the first & last name fields from lines 88 - 98 and update them by the input thats is inserted in the same fields for the delivery address block.