Combinations Wont Save

ubgot

Hi, Im trying to make changes to my prestashop by adding combinations. However I keep getting the a Server 500 Error.

Im on shared hosting so dont have root access to the server.

Im using version 1.5 (latest version)

My host sayes that apache is spilling out the following error:

[Tue Feb 04 21:54:33 2014] [error] [client 173.227.74.5] Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: 

Ive searched and read a few posts but cant seem to get to the bottom of the error.

A few posts point to Attribute Wizard Pro which isnt really what im looking for. The combinations and options take to bigger space below the actual product image. I like things In You Face so to speak.
Prestashop combinations options in the front end are all there at a glance (if theyd save).

Thanks for any assistance/solution.

After turning error reporting on (false to true in defines.inc) I got the following error

Warning: Function addCSS() is deprecated in /home/username/public_html/modules/blockadvertmulti/blockadvertmulti.php on line 260

in /home/username/public_html/classes/Tools.php on line 2147

I Dissabled the module and uninstalled it and the 500 error persists.

I also re applied the .htaccess

Edited by ubgot (see edit history)

Thanks for your response Benjamin. I have the module still installed as I decided to remove some of the combinations. Instead of 10 options in one drop down I cut it down to 5. The combinations then saved ok.

I will however remove the module by ftp/filemanager and test again over the next few days as I plan to increase the products in the store in a month or two so will require more combinations again. IL post back here in a few days after testing/removing the module and perhaps getting an updated version.

Thanks again

Hey ubgot, if you ever have a 500 error, read that blog post I wrote and follow those instructions as you have. If you have deleted the module, the error that you reported would not be showing up. That means that the module is still on your server via FTP in the modules/ path described in the error.

The error 500 is one of the most common errors but with the right instructions it's also one of the clearest errors to investigate and solve thanks to the error reporting tool built in PrestaShop. Let me know any updates and I'll check back. Thanks