Remove User/Customer from database

Is it possible to remove (in BO) the customers wich are marked as deleted from the database? When a customer is deleted via BO, the userdata is still available in database (marked as 1). When a deleted customer want to register again with the same data (email etc.) it fails because the emailaddress already excists.
At this point I can only remove the data directly in the database.
Maybe someone can help me out or is there a solution already?

Hello mhu100,

The easiest way to remove the data complety is indeed true the database.

If you have cpanel then look for phpMyAdmin and click on that, now it will load your phpMyAdmin and a new page will popup.
On the left you see your database just click on it, now it will load all your stuff that is in the database.
Now you go to ps_customer and double click on the browse button, it will now load you customers list.
Delete the one`s that you don`t want anymore, thats it and now it is completely gone from database.

Greats ysco..

Hello mhu100,

The easiest way to remove the data complety is indeed true the database.

If you have cpanel then look for phpMyAdmin and click on that, now it will load your phpMyAdmin and a new page will popup.
On the left you see your database just click on it, now it will load all your stuff that is in the database.
Now you go to ps_customer and double click on the browse button, it will now load you customers list.
Delete the one`s that you don`t want anymore, thats it and now it is completely gone from database.

Greats ysco..

Thanks for you answer.
I know the drill via phpMyAdmin, but my customers don't. They need a way to do that via BO. They don't understand phpMyAdmin and in my opinion there is too much risk when they do it that way!

Ohh so you need a easy module that does the job in back-office.
As far as know there isn`t any yet, maybe you could request such module and see if someone is willing to make such module for a fair price.

Regards ysco..

Ohh so you need a easy module that does the job in back-office.
As far as know there isn`t any yet, maybe you could request such module and see if someone is willing to make such module for a fair price.

Regards ysco..

A Module would be nice :-), but why would these data be kept (on delete) in the first place? I don't see the purpose of that.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there still no solution?

What also very strange is that when customer info or a address is edited, a copy of that record is made en saved with a new ID. The old record is then marked as deleted. I don't see the use of that. I don't need that and I don't want that.
So, when editing, the old record must be deleted or saved with the same ID in stead of copying to a new ID.

Anyone??