Mail Alerts not worked when use hosting email

andrefadila

Hello, this is my first Prestashop. I've been using Prestashop 1.5.6.1 and Mail Alerts module v3.2.

Of course with Mail Alerts, I am trying to send email for the seller when order was happened.

At the first, I am set the Contact Shop with my email (*@live.com). Mail Alerts worked for the seller and customer too. Then I am changed the Contact Shop with my hosting email (*@domain.com), the seller wasn't got order email anymore but the customer still got the order email.

I am not sure what else need to configure? Sorry for my english, thanks in advance.

Hello there,

I have the same issue. 

Upgraded to version 1.5.6.2 . Mail Alert version 3.2 (tried 2.8) as well. Test mail is working. When a customer place an order, create account, or the product is out of stock... no email alerts. 

Module is hooked to all right locations (Customer Account, Out of Stock, etc.... ) Any help??

OK I have resolved the problem. I found the solution in PrestoChange

here it is:

There are a few reasons why Prestashop cannot send emails from your server, the most common ones are:

• "From" field doesn't match your domain.
  • Incompatible additional headers.

Below are solutions to both:

In /tools/swift/Swift/Message.php line #79
Change

$this->setFrom("");

To

$this->setFrom("[email protected]");

In /tools/swift/Swift.php after line 370
if (!($has_reply_to = $message->getReplyTo())) $message->setReplyTo($from);

Add the following code:

if (!$has_reply_to[0])
$message->setReplyTo($from->getAddress());

Now try sending a contact message....

If it still doesn’t work, make the following change:

In /tools/swift/Swift/Plugin/MailSend.php line # 159
Add

$params "";

OK I have resolved the problem. I found the solution in PrestoChange

here it is:

There are a few reasons why Prestashop cannot send emails from your server, the most common ones are:

• "From" field doesn't match your domain.
  • Incompatible additional headers.

Below are solutions to both:

In /tools/swift/Swift/Message.php line #79

Change

$this->setFrom("");

To

$this->setFrom("[email protected]");

In /tools/swift/Swift.php after line 370
if (!($has_reply_to = $message->getReplyTo())) $message->setReplyTo($from);

Add the following code:

if (!$has_reply_to[0])

$message->setReplyTo($from->getAddress());

Now try sending a contact message....

If it still doesn’t work, make the following change:

In /tools/swift/Swift/Plugin/MailSend.php line # 159

Add

$params "";

Thanks wjohn, I am tried your solution but still not worked here.

When I placed an order, the customer still got the order email but there is no alert email for seller.

• Like 1

I have seen the same issue, when I was using the same email account for sending and receiving email notifications from prestashop store. Try using 2 different email accounts for sending and receiving (one for Email alert module & another for Advanced Parameters > E-Mail) But I am not sure it was the cause of the issues in my store. I have tried many options and finally got it worked.

Edited by wjohn (see edit history)

do the test and then check the mail queue on hosting server.

Also it's good to speak to your hosting company about outbound mail issue, but only if you are using the domain's email account.

Typically I avoid email issues like the plague, and while my tips might not work out for you know that I feel your pain.  This can be a huge soul sucking issue. :)

I have seen the same issue, when I was using the same email account for sending and receiving email notifications from prestashop store. Try using 2 different email accounts for sending and receiving (one for Email alert module & another for Advanced Parameters > E-Mail) But I am not sure it was the cause of the issues in my store. I have tried many options and finally got it worked.

Yeah, thanks wjohn. I will find another solution for this.

do the test and then check the mail queue on hosting server.

Also it's good to speak to your hosting company about outbound mail issue, but only if you are using the domain's email account.

Typically I avoid email issues like the plague, and while my tips might not work out for you know that I feel your pain.  This can be a huge soul sucking issue. :)

Actually, my test email (Advance Parameters > Email) was worked with the hosting email but the Mail Alert wasn't worked.

Of course, I have a time limit for this problem. Thanks El Patron  :)