Test site / new server - can see website but not back office admin

Hi everyone

I copied my website + database and transferred it to another server so I could setup a 'test site'. It has a different domain name, naturally.

I've tried a couple of times now and have various issues on the front end (which I can fix), however I can't go to the back office/admin to redo the htaccess file or anything else for that matter as it throws up a 500 Internal Server Error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can anyone shed some light on why I'm unable to access the admin area now? 

- I'm running Prestashop 1.4.7.0

- My database doesn't have a ps_shop table to change the domain name, which I think is causing a problem. It doesn't have a ps_config table with PS_SHOP_DOMAIN or PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL either ... so where can I put in the new domain name ????

- I can see the front end of the website ok and some links work properly, other links redirect to the live site and links to products are adding in an extra 'space' in the url causing it to redirect to a blank page 

eg. http://mysite.com/xxxxxx.html redirects to http://mysite.com/ /xxxxxx.html  with that little space in there - therefore no page loads, just the page address

- Error reporting has been turned on, but the above message is all I get. The error log on my server doesn't shed anymore light either, just says the page doesn't exist

- the htaccess file has been deleted

So does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do? I've reloaded both the database and FTP files several times ... now I'm stuck :/

Thanks El Patron, I found these and changed them but still no luck. Refreshed page and everything.

Tried to get to back office admin but 500 Internal Server error came up again.

There was an error on the front office before about the Category ID and the smarty_internaldata file, could that be the reason for the space in the website address perhaps ?????