moving websiter from subfolder to root

hello everyone I installed my website to a subfoder using the hosting installation and configured everyhing now I'm having troubles while I'm trying to move it to the root is there any proper and full tutorial how can we do that version 1.5.6.2 I tried many solutions found on this forum and other places but i still have problem example the .htaccess didn't generated or generated empty my website link is www.itserviceslb.com

Your .htaccess problem probably is, that this file has no rights for to be written. Please set the rights to at least CHMOD 0750. If this does not solve than set to chmod 0777.

Simply move all files from sub-folder to root for ex. with filezilla, but before you move them, change on your back-office Preferences -> SEO & URL's de base-URI to / instead of /subfolder (should be now set) AND SAVE THE NEW SETTING!. After this you can move the files to root without any troubles.

Clear your browser cache, logi-in to your admin and than under advanced parameters/settings clear also smarty cache to be sure all cache are cleared.

You have to change the rights to write  for .htaccess independent in the folder it is installed.

If your shop is already in the root, so the .htaccess in the root. Without rights .hatccess cannot be written and that's why is empty and/or changes you are making on URL-basis aren't saved.

If your shop now is in the sob-folder /presta and you want to move it to root so you have to delete presta by having there only /.