PayPal USA, Canada error on checkout

tino73

I Have a PayPal Payment Advanced account and I use PayPal USA, Canada module.

Unfortunately at the order confirmation stage I only receive an error message every time someone tries to purchase something in my website and the transaction doesn't go through.

I contacted PayPal and they told me that the module is failing to pass the name and address to PayPal.

Anyone has any idea how to check this?

I attached images of the error in my shopping cart and also the report on my Paypal Payment Advanced Manager.

Thank you all for the help.

post-304627-0-80232300-1392076812_thumb.jpg

post-304627-0-18610100-1392076827_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect I am currently having the same issue.

Log into PayPal manager and select reports followed by daily activity setting the date for when you last tested.

Pick any of the transaction IDs and you'll likely find that the Billing Info is missing.

If you click for more details at the bottom you'll likely find Response Code 10561 as the error message.

What this means is that PrestaShop is not sending the billing info to PayPal which apparently PayPal requires for validation of the credit card.

I've been looking for a solution and so far have found two other people having the same issue but no solution. 

If you fixed this please post a solution here. I will look for a little bit longer but if I can't find an answer I'm just going to buy one of the commercial modules. 

I suspect I am currently having the same issue.

Log into PayPal manager and select reports followed by daily activity setting the date for when you last tested.

Pick any of the transaction IDs and you'll likely find that the Billing Info is missing.

If you click for more details at the bottom you'll likely find Response Code 10561 as the error message.

What this means is that PrestaShop is not sending the billing info to PayPal which apparently PayPal requires for validation of the credit card.

I've been looking for a solution and so far have found two other people having the same issue but no solution. 

If you fixed this please post a solution here. I will look for a little bit longer but if I can't find an answer I'm just going to buy one of the commercial modules. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty clear that with all the reported errors with the PayPal USA module, now over many months by many Prestashop users and websites, that no "fix" will be forthcoming.

I very much suspect that this is even deliberate now, with the solution to "buy" your necessary fix if you intend to ever use PayPal, via custom PayPal module support (if you can find anybody who will support it, I failed to do so) or buy the Presto Changeo module. 

Anybody that uses Prestashop very long will eventually realize that essential fixes that should have long ago been resolved are never forthcoming - but working modules can be bought. I doubt that this is "accidental".

I'm not cheap, I've spent many thousands now on Prestashop, and am prepared to spend more as necessary, but I'm rather enraged by the constant deception that I've seen, especially and in particular with PayPal USA module. This was a huge mistake.

So on a matter of principle, I found a zero-cost workaround after waiting a few months now for support and being endlessly mislead both here and by PayPal.

I simply provide the payment total and email address for customers to send me the PayPal payment during Check checkout.  I added a bit of text to the Check processing checkout to show the order total with shipping, and the email address to send the payment to.

Now customers can checkout via the Check payment option, and either send a check, or send PayPal.  Works just fine, no problems with bad addresses, or module setup or API or anything - no PayPal module needed. 

Customers DO have to login into PayPal on a seperate screen and enter in the payment amount and email address they are sending to, but this isn't a big deal.

Screw the endless months of trying to use a PayPal module that was apprently designed to never work. Intentionally imo.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Has anyone made any progress on this?

" Field format error: 10561-There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a complete billing address" 

The only possible solution I found researching was to eliminate special characters from the PayPal Advanced password but that didn't work for me. Any help or ideas would be extremely helpful.   

Error 10561 means that the full billing address is not being provided.  You need to provide details before you are going to get assistance or a fix.  Have you submitted this issue to the bug tracker? 

Details would be...

1) What version of Prestashop

2) What module (Paypal Europe, or Paypal USA)

3) What version of the module in #2

4) What billing address was captured during checkout.  Is it a complete address?

Without these details, I don't believe anyone can be of assistance

Thank you Bellini. 

Prestashop  1.5.6.2.

Paypal USA Canada 1.3.8. running Paypal advanced

Prestashop caught the full address but Paypal has no record of the order at all

I haven't submitted it as a bug out of concern my setup is wrong and it's not a bug...

The error was payment error....  Field format error: 10561-There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a complete billing address.

even though the complete address was entered. 

I'm still looking for a setup error as I've only recently tried to get this to work and in no way do I have my head wrapped around the many settings. I've just found an unbelievable amount of answers on these forums with simple set up problems or tweaks that can be done and when i saw others getting the same 10561 error, I thought I'd ask and see if anyone had solved it. 

According to this Paypal developer page,

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/payflow/integration-guide/

None of the "BILLTO" fields are required, they are all optional.  Looking at the Paypal USA module code, it uses the payflow link or payflow pro interface, and I do not see the module using any of the "BILLTO" fields, most likely because Paypal says they are optional.

So...

1) Either Paypal's documentation is wrong

2) Paypal's documentation is correct, but you have configured in your Paypal account to require this information (not even sure you can do this)

So I believe your options are

1) Submit a bug report to Prestashop with steps to reproduce the issue and wait for them to provide a fix

2) If you are familiar with PHP coding, then you can alter the paypalusa module to add these BILLTO parameters and see if that corrects the issue

3) If you are not familiar with PHP coding, but want this fixed, then you could try to hire a developer (like myself) to address the issue

4) You could try the Paypal Europe module, but I'm not sure if it supports paypal advanced features?  Or perhaps look into purchasing a well supported module from the addons store or other marketplaces.

You can send me a PM or contact me via my website if you decide to go with option 3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Under version 1.5 of PrestaShop I was never able to get the module that comes with PrestaShop to work. I wasted more time than I should have then just bought the module from PrestoChango and in minutes had it working. From what I remember of reading the topics at the time a lot of people had issues so just bought the module and problem solved.

With 1.6 I already had the module I bought so never even tried to get it to work. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, did anyone ever found a solution to the "Field format error: 10561-There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a complete billing address." error with the Prestashop Paypal Payment Advanced module?

Other than to buy a paid module...

Thanks

Dan