[SOLVED] hook left column on cms pages

category block appears only if there is some subcategory to display. if there is no subcategories - module will not show, in this case also whole left column.

can you for test purposes attach to left column also other module?

Uff: Solved.

In Configure "Categories block" module I switched Category root from Current to Home. :-\

Tahks for yours time.

Yes, in most cases the prefix (by default) is ps

In that case, run this SQL query via your hosting admin or cpanel phpmyadmin

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ps_meta` (`id_meta`, `page`, `configurable`) VALUES
(NULL, 'products-comparison', '1'),
(NULL, 'cms', '0'),
(NULL, 'category', '0'),
(NULL, 'product', '0'),
(NULL, 'module-bankwire-payment', '0'),
(NULL, 'module-bankwire-validation', '0'),
(NULL, 'module-cheque-validation', '0'),
(NULL, 'module-cheque-payment', '0');

INSERT IGNORE INTO `ps_theme_meta` ( `id_theme` , `id_meta` , `left_column` , `right_column` )
SELECT `ps_theme`.`id_theme` , `ps_meta`.`id_meta` , `default_left_column` , `default_right_column`
FROM `ps_theme` , `ps_meta`;

This doesn't work on my 1.6.0.6

`left_column`, `right_column` fields don't exist in table ps_meta.  They are in ps_theme_meta

What do I do?  Add then to ps_meta?  or how should this script be in order to include this table ps_theme_meta ??

I have applied this fix to my sql, and it has left me with two noticeable problems.

1. I keep getting a white screen when I try to reset, or configure and save changes in a module. when I check for updates.

2. when I log into my back office,, I usually have to hit refresh before it will fully open.

3. it has moved my site down about a half inch, leaving an open space about a half inch long at the top of my page.

please help,,, I am a newbie, and am lost at this point

Thanks in advance...

I'm still getting this error when I go to the home page - PS 1.6.0.6

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

Unknown column 'default_left_column' in 'field list'

SELECT IFNULL(left_column, default_left_column) as left_column, IFNULL(right_column, default_right_column) as right_column
		FROM ps_theme t
		LEFT JOIN ps_theme_meta tm ON (t.id_theme = tm.id_theme)
		LEFT JOIN ps_meta m ON (m.id_meta = tm.id_meta)
		WHERE t.id_theme =1 AND m.page = "index" LIMIT 1

at line 635 in file classes/db/Db.php

629. 			WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[SQL Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
630. 		}
631. 		else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))
632. 		{
633. 			if ($sql)
634. 				throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
635. 			throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
636. 		}
637. 	}
639. 	/**

Edited by dformica (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

any chance to get an access to your BO ?

Hi Vekia,

I saw your post where you tell the people to give access to their BO for you to check the origin of the problem.. is it still available your offer? i've tried the sql and everything I read about and nothing.

Neither I could load the new theme I've purchased (guessing because of the upload limit, and as with OVH I can't modify the php.ini I decided to upload the theme manually... so maybe I did something wrong)

Tell me please if you can help and how do i give you access to my BO

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello my name is Marina I have the same problem I can not see the left column on the front page of my presta shop

even though I have corrected the sql table and as you could see form the attached document I have enable the left column in my back office.

Do you have any idea that might help me?

Thanks for your time

Marina

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello guys, please if it is possible i can check everything for you, but in this ase i need an access to bo with granted privileges to manage themes & modules section

hi vekia i hope you are fine.i couldnt fix this problem.i tried so much.Could you assist to fix it. i will share my details with you.

Regards

Ps3z

• 2 months later...

It's too late maybe.. but I want to share what just happen to me.

Left column not show on cms and product. I follow the steps from this forum, but nothing happen. I don't understand at all about sql. But I tried to open coz I have problem with cms. Slowly, thru this forum, I did this:

Thanks to this forum ^_^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's too late maybe.. but I want to share what just happen to me.

Left column not show on cms and product. I follow the steps from this forum, but nothing happen. I don't understand at all about sql. But I tried to open coz I have problem with cms. Slowly, thru this forum, I did this:

Thanks to this forum ^_^

Hi,

thank you for encouraging newbie to make mix with sql database :) I did it as Vekia wrote on mypresta.eu, and my left colum showed on product page, but it's still missing in CMS page. Could you explain to me this sentence "compare ps_meta and ps_meta_lang and found NULL for cms. I edit in cms row, set 1 for id_shop"

where did you change and what exactly ?

Greetings, Justyna

Hi all,

Not sure if I should start a new thread for this but am wonderign how everyones price/cart block looks after the upgrade? I updated the database and am super happy with the results, the CMS and product pages look PRO.

Check out these two sites for what I mean, each has a little different issue with presentation. Would be interested in how to resolve.

http://www.powertestshop.com/clamp-on-meters/13-aemc-instruments-601-clamp-on-ac-current-meter-2000-amps.html

https://www.musicshredder.com/online-store/mandolins/1085-kentucky-km-900-master-a-model-mandolin.html

Thanks! (especially Vekia - you're the man)

Hi @justi_c Sorry for late reply.. 

What I mean with "compare ps_meta and ps_meta_lang and found NULL for cms. I edit in cms row, set 1 for id_shop" is :

- Open phpMyAdmin and search ps_meta. You will find ps_meta and ps_meta_lang. In my case, I found NULL in cms row, in column id_shop, so I changed to 1 and it works, at least for me

Btw, I'm newbie too :)

To follow up on my formatting issues, I decided the best way will be to make the image smaller.

Here is what I have tried.

- Updating Image Size of large_default: Height will change but Width will not
- Going into Product.tpl but see no where to make an adjustments

- Going into product.js and changing image size based off suggestion from this post (https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/150160-size-of-product-images/)

- Going into product.css and global.css and no luck.

I have gone into several other CSS files searching for 345 which Element Inspector is telling me is the set Width and Height of the Image Box/Container.

Any ideas?