Transparent theme

Hi thunder11,

I can't see any demo of that theme, only screenshots, so I can't check for sure how they did it. It is possible to achieve this effect using semi-transparent PNGs, but then it won't work in IE6, which doesn't support transparency in PNGs. I personally use two fixed-positioned backgrounds to simulate transparency so that it works on IE6 too. See here for how to do that.

Rocky

Thanks Rocky,
im trying to figure out how to apply your Guide to my store. As you can see on e.Creative theme, background picture is static one and everything that I put on it (ie. sideboxes) inherit transparency somehow. It makes sense that e.Creative theme uses transparent PNGs. I will try to find someone who uses this theme just to make sure. Is it possible that transparency would work with transparent gifs.
P.S I'm not into CSS coding (except tweaking it) so any help would be appreciated. If I make it to work, I will post my results here for everyone to see.
Thanks again Rocky :D

thunder11

Transparent GIFs cannot be semi-transparent. They can only have individual pixels that are completely transparent or completely opaque. To have semi-transparency like in that theme, you will have to use transparent PNGs. The only other way to get semi-transparency is to use CSS, but it is difficult, since every browser handles it differently. See here for more information.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone,
does anyone know how can I make transparent sideboxes like those made in e.Creative theme shown here :
http://www.prestastore.com/templates-prestashop/243-templates-prestashop-ecreative-1210-final.html
I have searched this forum but ended up empty handed. Thanks in advance

thunder11

Just Simple !!!
add this code in your global.css

Special for IE
filter:alpha(opacity=85)

Another Browser, CSS3 standard
opacity:0.85;

Good CSS School : http://www.w3schools.com/Css/default.asp :-)

13338_Izg6Q312IGvUCLFiVXuE_t