Catalog price rules to multiple customer groups?

Hi guys....
I am in the process of creating a group of wholesale customers in my shop...
However I am now facing a problem...
I will tell you exactly what I want to accomplish and what my problem is for you to bettern understand.
I want to create a customer group called wholesale customers that will get a 40% discount...
I can accomplish this by adding a category discount in the customer group...
I also want to have a discount for regular customers from time to timein the amount of 10%
Here is my problem...
If I enable the discount 10% for all customers and leave it to "all group" appliance, then for the wholesale customer, he will also get the group 40% discount and the 10% discount. I do not want this to happen....

If I restrict the extra 10% discount only to the customers group, then the visitors won't be able to see the discount unless they register or log in....
The obvious solution is to create the same price rule for customers and visitors and then treat wholesale customers on their own whatever way I want...
What I am asking if there is a way to either apply a rule to multiple groups without recreating it... For example the 10% discount for both customer and visitor .... (maybe a multiple choice checkbox presta team????) It is really not very efficient to duplicate cart rules just to apply them to more than one customer groups...
Or maybe a customer group relationship could help, for example one group beeing the parent of an other, so the child inherits its parent's options..
Especially the multiple choice for cart rule appliance I think it is very important...

Any other suggestion??

Edited by mitsos1os (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

IMHO, this reasoning only:

It is really not very efficient to duplicate cart rules just to apply them to more than one customer groups...

is enough to justify adding this as a core feature of PrestaShop.

The hierarchical model you proposed is also interesting, but it could work simply by assigning a customer to multiple customer groups with the help of checkboxes or whatnot...

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

I am also interested for same process. Did you ever find a solution for this? 

@mitsos1os what you propose would work but it's a bit tedious. So, if you have a temporary 10% then you need to add that 3 times. Once for visitors, once for customers and once for guests (if you have the guest checkout enabled). And if you want to assign different percentage per category then this will be even more tricky.. 

It would be great if we could select multiple customers groups. Unless there is another way to tackle the "Wholesalers" problem. 

Ideas?

Edited by tanasi (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

old topic, but this feature is still not available in prestashop. I have the problem that is have specific quanitiy discount for multiple group, but not for all. I cannot select multiple groups when adding specific prices, so the quantity discount are applied for all groups or for only one... :(

Any solution ?

• 2 weeks later...