Module declined 3 times, invalid reason provided

bellini13

Xavier, please help.

I have a payment module that has been on the addons store for several months now, called FirstPay.

As suggested by a recent Prestashop email, I have updated all my modules to provide a new category and keywords for the upcoming addons store changes.

All my modules have been accepted over the past few days, except FirstPay, which has been declined 3 times now.  The first two rejections have been because of ...

Your product sheet has been declined because we need to know the list of country that are concerned by this gateway payment module.

Your product sheet has been declined because you still have to give the list of countries that are concerned about this module.

The last decline didn't even provide a reason.

Your product sheet have been declined because

The module is configured to support all countries, and the module description has a link to the firstpay website, where a merchant can review the providers services and determine if firstpay is suitable for their needs.

I'm at wits end here.. please help me understand why this is so difficult.

I have 3 payment modules on the addons store, and they all have checkboxes checked for available countries.  Only firstpay is having this problem

It's going to be the same with the other payment modules when you update them because it is indeed a new requirement.

What is the reasoning behind this? Are you trying to force payment gateways into partnerships or limit the distribution of modules to them? 

No, absolutely not. The rule is the same for payment modules developed by PrestaShop partners. Today, in the software you can find Spanish payment solutions for Indian shops, or American payment modules for Russian stores and that makes no sense. We want to stop this madness and make sure local stores' choice of a payment solution is not flooded in a ridiculous number of non-compatible payment modules.

If you are 100% positive that your module is compatible with many, many more countries than just 5, then we'll be happy to read your email with the request to broaden its range :) 

Les (dh42), come on, give us a little credit! ;)

Just as a FYI here is a list of gateways that support more than 5 countries.

Stripe

Paypal

Skrill

Bitcoin

Dogecoin

First data

Google Wallet

Amazon Payments

Dwolla

Braintree

2checkout

Bluesnap

Payza

.... and I stoped counting because I have work to do. 

Xavier... I udpated all my payment modules at the same time.  2 of them were approved, 1 of them is constantly declined..

1) Why is only firstpay being declined if they were all changed at the same time.

2) The reason for the decline is NOT because I have chosen more than 5.  It is because I have "not stated which countries they support".  Which is incorrect, I have stated which countries it supports, just as I did the other 2 payment modules.

3) The module was declined a 4th time, stating "We sent you an e-mail 5 hours ago at this e-mail adress : akas***[email protected], in order to answer your questions and give you more informations.

What email address is this?  It is neither my addons customer account email, my forum email, or my seller account email.  How do I even reply to them to tell them it is the wrong email?  Where did this email even come from?

Xavier... I udpated all my payment modules at the same time.  2 of them were approved, 1 of them is constantly declined..

1) Why is only firstpay being declined if they were all changed at the same time.

2) The reason for the decline is NOT because I have chosen more than 5.  It is because I have "not stated which countries they support".  Which is incorrect, I have stated which countries it supports, just as I did the other 2 payment modules.

3) The module was declined a 4th time, stating "We sent you an e-mail 5 hours ago at this e-mail adress : akas***[email protected], in order to answer your questions and give you more informations.

What email address is this?  It is neither my addons customer account email, my forum email, or my seller account email.  How do I even reply to them to tell them it is the wrong email?  Where did this email even come from?

Hey Mike, 

I'll try and get an answer about this and update you shortly. Thank you

Xavier... I have resubmitted the module, however I would like the information that was emailed that apparently explains this... please follow up and have them email this information to me at my seller account email.

3) The module was declined a 4th time, stating "We sent you an e-mail 5 hours ago at this e-mail adress : akas***[email protected], in order to answer your questions and give you more informations."