Where is PayPal Australia?

OzMerchant

Hello,

I'm using PrestaShop 1.5.6.2 and I cannot find free PayPal module in the list of preinstalled modules. When I go to the Addons website I can see there is PayPal module for Europe and USA/Canada. Neither of them mentions anything about Australia.

I found on this forum that some people installed European or American module anyway and hacked their way to enable it for Australian businesses.

I'd like to have a confirmation from a PayPal and/or PrestaShop representative about availability of the PayPal module for Australia. Specifically:

• Can I use PayPal Europe for an Australian shop?
  • If not, can I use PayPal USA/Canada for an Australian shop?
  • What kind of settings/changes I have to do in order to enable the above mentioned modules for Australian business?

Thanks.

OzMerchant

P.S. if other participants of this forum have any experience of using PayPal modules for PrestaShop 1.5.x in Australia, then your thoughts and suggestions are most welcome. 

Edited by OzMerchant (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I'm interested to this solution as well. Do you mind to share the solution if you found one?

Hi,

My solution is quite simple. I downloaded free PayPal module for Europe from the AddOns website and just installed it. There were no problems during installation and so far it works OK with Australian accounts and AUD.

I haven't received any official confirmation/denial of the matter. I can only say that it works for me.

It's actually quite frustrating. PrestaShop team is just like a black hole. Whatever questions I've sent to them just went unanswered, not even an email acknowledging they received my question. Total silence. On this forum percentage of answers from PS representatives is very low, as well.

Once my business makes little bit more money I'll switch to other shopping cart software with decent support and a company behind it.

I have asked multiple Prestashop people, multiple times, what the difference is between Paypal Europe and Paypal USA, Canada.  None of them know the answer, and no one ever followed up with an answer.

The best thing you can do is just ignore the name and try them on a test copy of your store and just see if it works.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...