PS Mail Templates (out of the box)

PrestaHeroes USA

Typically I avoid modules that have customer content.  (read systems programmer)

How do you all handle emails from your modules as it concerns color?

If I copy an email from native mails it has hard coded colors for example...a rather nice pinking color but I prefer to use some sort of css inherit that better suits the shop module is loaded in.

...what the heck?  jajajaja

any suggestions, guidance or other tough luck stories about ps email 'templates'?

I'd love to hear a 'oh you mised this!' pointer.

el

FYI: many mail readers, gmail included, ignore CSS instructions, either in the header or by remote link. That's why the advised way of sending colored email is by hard-coding the properties or the styling in the html tag itself. Ofcourse this doesn't rule out using variables to configure the styling.

• Like 1

FYI: many mail readers, gmail included, ignore CSS instructions, either in the header or by remote link. That's why the advised way of sending colored email is by hard-coding the properties or the styling in the html tag itself. Ofcourse this doesn't rule out using variables to configure the styling.

Hi AppleEater, thanks for the information. :)

For me, when I include front office content (back office as well) with a module I inherit the themes css.  Emails well I don't have anyway to know what the colors  should be used.  And I don't really see a way around it.

Again, thanks.

Hi El Patron,

In Preferences->Themes -> Mail color , you can define the background color of the mail headers.

This can be used to control the objects highlight colors in the mail HTML templates, as in the example:

<tr>
<td align="left">Hi <strong style="color: {color};">{firstname} {lastname}</strong>,</td>
</tr>

Hi El Patron,

In Preferences->Themes -> Mail color , you can define the background color of the mail headers.

This can be used to control the objects highlight colors in the mail HTML templates, as in the example:

<tr>
<td align="left">Hi <strong style="color: {color};">{firstname} {lastname}</strong>,</td>
</tr>

Hi thanks again for info.  What I would like to accomplish is when customer loads a module with mail templates that I match the customers shop without them having to modify the mail that is included with module.

I think that for that you'll have to create a set the colors configurations in the mail.php file, like this line:

$template_vars['{color}'] = Tools::safeOutput(Configuration::get('PS_MAIL_COLOR', null, null, $id_shop));

All other color are specified in the CSS files of the template, so either you hard code the same colors from the template global.css into the mail template or the mail.php class, or create an module Admin UI where the shop admin defines the mail colors, and you set them in the mail.php, and call them in the mail template.

I think that for that you'll have to create a set the colors configurations in the mail.php file, like this line:

$template_vars['{color}'] = Tools::safeOutput(Configuration::get('PS_MAIL_COLOR', null, null, $id_shop));

All other color are specified in the CSS files of the template, so either you hard code the same colors from the template global.css into the mail template or the mail.php class, or create an module Admin UI where the shop admin defines the mail colors, and you set them in the mail.php, and call them in the mail template.

I am going to try this and will report back my results. :)