Theme configurator HTML

I wanted to change banners in the module Theme conifgurator. There is a field called HTML, but it doesnt allow HTML. I think its very important to allow HTML for banners, since for SEO its much better to write text in <h2> tags instead of including the headline to the jpg.

I think this was also your intention, otherwise I dont understand why you call the field HTML. It just doesnt work at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Theme Configurator Module in front office Dont change even i try to add new item. Am i doing something wrong?

after i click the add item the option enables me to upload an image but once i click save it is not taking effect and seems like nothing working in this module.

Do i have to change any other parameter before i can change the images of the default theme.

I think the width is also not yet working properly. I made a new banner in "home" it doesnt matter which width i define, it always takes the width for 3 banners.

It seems that PS ignores the "Max-width" you set in the module config.

Ive set my slider to full width.

How I done it is here

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/313230-slider-image-size/?hl=%2Bslider&do=findComment&comment=1587330

:)

Edited by MerseyRay (see edit history)

It seems that PS ignores the "Max-width" you set in the module config.

Ive set my slider to full width.

How I done it is here

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/313230-slider-image-size/?hl=%2Bslider&do=findComment&comment=1587330

:)

Theme Configurator Module in front office Dont change even i try to add new item. Am i doing something wrong?

after i click the add item the option enables me to upload an image but once i click save it is not taking effect and seems like nothing working in this module.

Do i have to change any other parameter before i can change the images of the default theme.

I found the solution for this, Something to do with Safari, I change to Google Chrome an try again the images are changing in theme Configurator 

• Like 2

I found the solution for this, Something to do with Safari, I change to Google Chrome an try again the images are changing in theme Configurator 

YEY!!! i have 3 days trying to fix this!!!!

even i have change the images direct in the server, but i hit a wall trying to chane hyperlink (www.prestashop.com).... so im working on torch wich actualy works over crome, with no results, then this solution!!!!  i have thest it over explorer and works!!!! :D  :D  :D

thanks sony991!!!!

• Like 1

Hi,

I think this module doesn't work properly. The html tag is a plain text editor not html ( why did them named it html? ). The module prevent to get rid of the initial images so you have to make them inactive and create new ones.

I didn't find any solution to customize this module so I decided to create a new one, it's a shame because in the faq, user's , developer's and designer's guide there is no information about this module and it's impossible to make a full customization of it.

Someone working with me have found to accept HTML but I don't have a lot of informations. Maybe it will help.

This is his message :

"J’ai fait une modification pour laisser passer le code HTML dans la boite « HTML » du configurateur."

=> "I did a modification to allow HTML in the box HTML of the configurator."

Edited by toeuvray (see edit history)

I've found the solution for the html issue. The problem is in the module tpl. You will find it in :

modules/themeconfigurator/views/templates/hook

the file name is hook.tpl (why this module has a  different structure? :blink: )

So in hook.tpl you will find the div that contains the html code which has this in the smarty call : "escape:'htmlall' : 'UTF8' "

Get rid of it and it will print the html code right.

This is not a solution, it's a hack. A good solution could be to implement a real rich text editor in the module's configurator, and name it text editor (not html) , so the final admin user could edit an create rich text.

I know this is a free module, but what the heck PS Team? That's an important bug, and why name the text area html???

Je ne comprends pas  :D    

Edited by rinzlerx64 (see edit history)

I'm kind of joking, PS team did a great job with PS 1.6, it has to be said. There are some issues but it's a really good cms.

I don't like smarty thought, I think that is restrictive, kind of messy and poorly dynamic if you don't are a pro on it. 

I will upload the fix I made to github.

• 4 weeks later...