Multistore with 2 domains with 2 different providers

Hello everybody!

I have a question,

I have domain A parked at provider A

a friend has domain B parked at provider B

I want to use domain B to show a catalogue mode of all the products of domain A.

Is this possible with this setup? and if so, how?

I have a VPS so i have full control

Thank you very much in advance!

Jaivy Daam

ok, .. ..  example www.wholesale.com  and www.selling.nl

you want use  FULL CATALOG of www.selling.nl IN www.wholesale.com ???

with shared clients?

eeeeeee.... the clients of  www.selling.nl can be loged in  www.wholesale.com ???

explain me please hehehe!!!  i am confused

• Like 1

Ok i will explain the best i can

I started a webshop. So i parked www.selling.nl with provider A

This friend of mine has a Wholesale company and parked www.wholesale.com with provider B

www.wholesale.com wants to show products (and all that with it combos, features etc etc) to his clients

www.wholesale.com will not sell products through the shop or have clients... it's a catalog of all the products www.selling.nl has but www.wholesale.com only accepts orders through mail. So entrepuneurs with a physical store can put those in their shop.

plus www.wholesale.com is international as www.selling.nl is only for the dutch market

i really have no idea how to explain this better then i just did if you have questions please ask, because we both want this real bad!

Thank you!

thats right!!

finally you only can show product of  www.selling.nl in www.wholesale.com..

please.. try this

NEW --CMS PAGE ( name: mytest )

CLICK ON HTML option of the TEXT AREA:

paste :

<iframe src="http://www.selling.nl" frameborder="0" style="overflow:hidden;height:100%;width:100%" height="100%" width="100%"></iframe>

SAVE THIS...

see the result . . .

is what you want?

• Like 1

Thank you,

but there is still a communication error here i am not english so let me try again

wholesale.com ( http://www.worldmediatrading.com ) has no website what so ever! It wants my template my products and my brands,

it wants an exact copy of selling.nl ( http://www.alletintengrijs.nl ) but without the cart if i enter a product in selling.nl it has to appear on wholesale.com but only for eyes not for selling so catalog mode

thats why i want multistore but i don't know how to do this

maybe this will help,

look at native PrestaShop MultiShop: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Managing+Multiple+Shops

basically you would add (point) point url to your main shop, new shop would be set in PrestaShop catalog mode, for example. 

Note there are several ways to approach one content retail/wholesale but having the multishop set up first allows you to look closer as to how you configure the 2nd shop.

• Like 2

Doesn multi store require that both domain names have the same nameserver?

Because they don't :'(

you do need to point the additional domain to main domain.  Which is outside the scope of PrestaShop.

for cpanel you park additional domains to main

for plesk your alias additional domains to main

other: many ways to skin a cat when working with dns

• Like 2

JaivyDaam try this !!!

Install a test version of prestashop in your hosting

Go to "preferences", "general" and "enable multishop"

Then go to Advanced parameters and set up another shop.

Then you can play around with how multistore works!!  in the back end ... and  the front end !!!

Enjoy this World PrestaShop !!! :)

• Like 1

Ok ok, so i finally got it working and this is my solution.

First, the DNS records i have with my provider are now an A record pointing to my VPS

On my VPS i have Virtualmin running for multiple domains and this is where i made the error

When i added wholesale.com to my virtualmin it was a toplevel domain, i found out that it should be an alias to my main domain so:

-Selling.nl (main)

--wholesale.com (alias)

When i added wholesale.com as an alias i had the option to "Enable Apache Website", which i didn't and it was a direct link to selling.nl I couldn't figure it out as i thought it was a DNS record problem with my provider, but changes in the DNS applies between 6-12 hours after editing... So i was kind of frustrated... When i tried everything i could i was desperate so i enabled the feature "Apache Website"

TADA!!!

thank you for your replies!

Jaivy Daam

• Like 2

Euhm as so i was trying to edit the title...

but then i found out i cannot find the option anywhere...

It's probably me (second time this post) so i want to ask a pro to do this for me as i am going into a corner and cry a bit and ask myself why i use computers

I love multishop,. but more for how one can multiplex single content using multiple domain names without having duplicate content penalty.  This is why I wrote module for 1.4, which is super simple compared to 1.5 which has all the bells and whislted (minus images by language doh!)

One should IMHO have one ccTLD (.fr/.de/.enother country) for each major country allowed at registration.  then they should have only one(1) gTLD (.com/.co/.net/).

This significantly improves your by country SEO.

• 2 years later...

hey @elpatron and all, i hope you feel im not trolling you with my issue i just really need it fixed :( when i point 2nd domain to 1stdomain.com/shop/2ndshop , (it is set up on iFrame 2nddomain.com/index.html -> 1stdomain.com/shop/2ndshop) on internet explorer and other browsers i get session error so i cant add to cart or log in. i have variables 

Shop URL Domain: 1stDomain.com

Physical URL : /shop/

virtual url : 2ndShop

Final URL : 1stDomain.com/shop/2ndShop

Is this all correct?

Another option: If i set up alias 2nddomain.com as an alias for 1stdomain.com , will this work with 1stdomain.com/shop?

I am willing to pay if someone can fix this issue or set up a 2nd shop full working for 2nddomain.com...