Product pricing matrix with custom variables

yesdev

We already have a product pricing matrix set up using combinations

The combinations currently are:

• colour
  • width
  • height

Width & height price ranges are predefined inside the product matrix / combinations.

What we want to do is allow the customer to enter a custom width or height & have the system calculate:

• if it sits inside the combination pricing matrix
  • at what step it sits inside the combination pricing matrix
  • apply an additional cost for either custom width or height.

How would this be possible?

We already use your product (not to mention we supplied details of a patch regarding the logic of this module in regards to importing attributes). So the CSV matrix is already being used.

What we now want to do is allow customers to:

• enter a custom number within the range set inside the pricing matrix
  • get the closest combination price impact inside that matrix
  • then apply an additional pricing charge as its a custom number within the width or height range

I've figured out how to capture the custom number entered by the customer by extending the ProductController and product.tpl.

I'm now looking at how to:

• get the closest combination from both the pricing matrix & custom number entered (e.g. combination attribute is set at 1400mm, customer wants to have product attribute cut to 1375mm)
  • applying an additional custom charge as part of the overall product only when the product is altered

OK. I've managed to do the logic inside the product.tpl & product.js to account for these things.

How exactly do I add a custom variable into the cart so it recognises the new fields when they're filled out?

Is that what the IPA / customisation fields do?

• 2 weeks later...

Likewise, I purchased the module believing from the statements made by FME that it would allow custom pricing from customer input

i.e enter a custom number within the range set inside the pricing matrix and then get the closest combination price impact inside that matrix as stated by yesdev.

I find that this cannot be done - but have you managed to alter the code to allow this, your first two requirements to be met. If so are you able to share - have sent pm.

Many thanks

Thanks alastairbrian. I have had a lot of communication with your support, and very much appreciate their help. But quite emphatically (and your reply confirms this) the requirement that yesdev and myself outline is NOT what you think and is different to what the FME module does. The demo clearly shows that the module works from set measurements (i.e a drop down) and NOT from custom measurements entered by the customer at the front end, which is how window blind sites like to work normally. The 'drop down' is how it works in the demo you link to and also on my draft site. It picks up attribute settings from Prestashop. It does seem that perhaps yesdev has been able to pick up the custom number entered at the front end by somehow extending the ProductController and product.tpl

If this could be made to work in the way described it would be fantastic, but your support tell me it cannot be done.

Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

I checked the demo and i think its right, what it means is that when customer enters any input, the module will scan the input values through csv file and will find the right match. This price will be shown on frontend. 

Afraid not robocarlo, the module and demo works by having a drop down which are merely the sizes defined by the CSV file. This means that the numbers a client puts in are limited to pre-defined values. It would only work if every size and every price were in a CSV - which would be nigh on impossible. What is wanted is for the client to be able to enter their custom size then the module goes to the CSV and determines which size/price band this fits within. FME have confirmed their module doesn't work like that and instead of refunding me as requested they have promised to modify the code. This was a while ago and I have given them time to do this but as yet, as far as I know, they still haven't changed it. You'll find they do the same module for another ecommerce solution and this one works correctly so it may be a Prestashop restriction. Any news FME/ alistairbrian?

Thanks