Awful complaints procedure

nudecoffee

Hi everyone.

I have had prestashop for a while now. It has always been ok for me, until I encountered problems with one of the templates that I have bought. There is no option to ring them only to speak to them via live chat or via the forum. When you email them it takes them 24 hours to reply! I recently bought a template from Prestashop and it's awful - so bad that I asked for my money back. I also bought another template by mistake to replace that one, but it turned out it wasn't compatible with my version. Again, I am told to wait.

I don't want to kick up a fuss - i just shouldn't have to complain to PayPal or wait 3 or 4 days to get my money back.

Can you please refund me the money now (for both templates!)

Hi there,

I am sorry that your experience with our sales department wasn't a happy one.

We do have a telephone number (two, actually) and you can reach us on the phone in many languages, from anywhere in the world. As you mentionned it, we are also available via live chat, and you can email us through the contact form on the Addons site. I am sorry that you feel that 24hrs is too long of a delay to get a reply. Furthermore, although you mentionned that the Addons after-sales service was on this forum, that is not true. The Marketing team is on the forum and your Community Managers (Ben and I) help you connect with the Addons team when needed.

That is why I strongly suggest that you email your request to the Addons team so they can help you get satisfaction. 

However, I want to stretch that the products you bought being virtual ones, you are not supposed to get a refund for the order unless there is a malfunction with them. The look and feel of a template is always visible prior to the order (with the demo) and the compatibility with your version of PrestaShop is displayed on the product description page, so if your wish to get a refund comes from a dissatisfaction with the result or an incompatibility with your system, then what you should ask our sales team is a good will gesture.

Just trying to clarify things so you better understand how it's working ;) 

Have a nice day!

However, I want to stretch that the products you bought being virtual ones, you are not supposed to get a refund for the order unless there is a malfunction with them. The look and feel of a template is always visible prior to the order (with the demo) and the compatibility with your version of PrestaShop is displayed on the product description page, so if your wish to get a refund comes from a dissatisfaction with the result or an incompatibility with your system, then what you should ask our sales team is a good will gesture.

:wub:

I desperately try to explain this to my own customers ! The purchase of a virtual product is not for testing purpose...