Image URLs in CSV

I have just started tinkering with prestashop as an alternative to OSCommerce (which I hate).

I tried importing some catalog items via .csv, which seems to work OK with one exception - the Images. I can't find any thorough documentation on the parameters for "Image URLs (x,y,z…)"

My catalog data file has URLs for the associated images, but after import they don't seem to work, because the paths that the "missing" images have bear no resemblance to the paths in my file. So here are my questions:

Where do the images have to be - must they be on the same server as prestashop, or can they be located elsewhere on the web? In the .csv I have "http://ec.tekgraf.com/InventoryImages/Canon/Canon-Logo-cmyk.gif" but in the prestashop catalog the link is "http://test.newvisionservices.com/img/p/2-2-large.jpg". Where is the path I'm uploading being used?

Also, what does the "(x,y,z…)" refer to?

• 1 month later...

I too would love to know the answer to this question. I have recently uploaded 1000's of products, most of which work fine, but some of the images won't show at all. The URL of the actual image is completely different to that of what I want it to be.

Every time I see a topic on Prestashop I think it's going to answer my question, but to be honest, the majority of questions just seem to go unanswered.

Chris.

I use csv to import a large amount of my products and havent had any problems uploading images, but then i am using a server that has php version 5.2.6. Servers with newer versions of php (5.2.9 and 5.2.10 dont seem to like importing images.

The images i import are located on my suppliers website, so they can be located anywhere on the web.

Prestashop changes any uploaded images on-the-fly and creates different sized images for the different pages on your site. The prestashop link you posted above is for the large image of product_id 2.

(x,y,z…) is refering to multipule image uploads, you separate them with a comma.