Hi Dan,

Sorry, I didn't notice your questions :(

1. Hmm, see: http://www.prestahome.com/simpleblog_new/blog/page/2 - there is (2) added to title, is this doesn't solve a problem?

2. This has been solved in v1.5

btw. Blog for PrestaShop is of course fully compatible with PrestaShop 1.6.1.4

Sorry about the late reply, got a bit sidetracked by day-to-day business.

I will update the module to solve n°2 as well as the duplicate title issue - adding (2) to second page should indeed fix the issue. How about the meta description, does it also add a (2) or something to that? Because that one will also show up as a duplicate with Google. Which is why I was asking about making the first page canonical, or some other way to show Google that page 2 is more stuff of what is found on page 1, but not a duplicate or copy-paste page. You see the issue? Ahhh, Google,.... ;-)

PS: is it possible to mark-up the article main image so that it qualifies for the articles rich snippet? Another nice option would be to be able to define the publisher in the settings, assuming that the publisher will be the e-commerce website on which the blog is installed. What do you think?

Edited by Mister Denial (see edit history)

Sorry about the late reply, got a bit sidetracked by day-to-day business.

I will update the module to solve n°2 as well as the duplicate title issue - adding (2) to second page should indeed fix the issue. How about the meta description, does it also add a (2) or something to that? Because that one will also show up as a duplicate with Google. Which is why I was asking about making the first page canonical, or some other way to show Google that page 2 is more stuff of what is found on page 1, but not a duplicate or copy-paste page. You see the issue? Ahhh, Google,.... ;-)

PS: is it possible to mark-up the article main image so that it qualifies for the articles rich snippet? Another nice option would be to be able to define the publisher in the settings, assuming that the publisher will be the e-commerce website on which the blog is installed. What do you think?

Well, I think google is not that stupid and see correctly content on blog which have few pages of posts :) which is why I don't know if it is really needed to add (2) to meta description.

About rich snippets, I've had some reports that some images are not properly crawled into rich snippets, I'll look into this. About publisher - it will be added in the future because I'll work on Author mechanisms, authors will have possibility to add bio, people will have possibility to display articles by author etc.

• Like 1

Well, I think google is not that stupid and see correctly content on blog which have few pages of posts :) which is why I don't know if it is really needed to add (2) to meta description.

About rich snippets, I've had some reports that some images are not properly crawled into rich snippets, I'll look into this. About publisher - it will be added in the future because I'll work on Author mechanisms, authors will have possibility to add bio, people will have possibility to display articles by author etc.

I know, the whole author thing is constantly changing, so it probably isn't easy keeping up.

As we're talking new features, having the option to have a date modified field would be nice, for the simply reason that one recent SEO strategy that is getting increasingly populr is to take existing blog content and updating it after a while. For example, let's say you have a page "5 ways to wear denim right" that gets indexed and ranks well, updating it like a year later or so would send a fresh signal to Google and is a nice way to stay relevant, with older content.

Regarding your comment on Google being smart enough to identify that duplicate metra descriptions on subsequent blog pages is not really duplicate content, I hope you're right! ;-) But it keeps showing up in webmaster tools.

Hello,

I have a problem by adding related products.

It should be: you type a letters and the products must be showed.

now nothing is showing.

Any solutions?

• Like 1

Hello,

I have a problem by adding related products.

It should be: you type a letters and the products must be showed.

now nothing is showing.

Any solutions?

Please contact me on support system

Please contact me on support system

Hi Krystian, Im on my way to change our blog module from LEOtheme to a new much better one and I wonder if it is possible to see how it looks in BO with your module?

My best

//Patrik

Hi Krystian,

I see that 1.5.1 is out and that a pagination issue is addressed. I got this module as package deal with the Warehouse template, do you know if the latest version is included in the new template update released today? Or how could I get the update to fix my pagination problem I contacted you about?

Also, do you have an idea when the author and *updated on* functions will become available?

Thank you, and kind regards,

Dan

Hello,

I don't know, probably you'll have 1.5.1 within a new update of the Warehouse but it's not up to me, to make sure you have always latest version you can simply buy regular license of my module :-)

Hi Krystian,

I see that 1.5.1 is out and that a pagination issue is addressed. I got this module as package deal with the Warehouse template, do you know if the latest version is included in the new template update released today? Or how could I get the update to fix my pagination problem I contacted you about?

Also, do you have an idea when the author and *updated on* functions will become available?

Thank you, and kind regards,

Dan

The latest release of Warehouse does indeed include version 1.5.1 of SimpleBlog.

• Like 1

Hello,

I don't know, probably you'll have 1.5.1 within a new update of the Warehouse but it's not up to me, to make sure you have always latest version you can simply buy regular license of my module :-)

I like your module so much, I'll probably do that! :-)

Any idea when author functions will be available? Or the updated on date field?

Probably in v2, this year ;)

What you mean by "updated on date field"?

Cool, looking forward to it!

Some blogs offer the option to update older content, as part of the SEO strategy, like "5 essential ideas fro blah blah blah" and you want to update this post a year or two later, while keeping the original URL and link juice intact. Those blog posts will have the original post date, as well as a "updated on June 20 2016" date field. Could be useful, as it gives old content that is already linked to a refresh boost, putting it to the front of the blog again.

• Like 1

hi, we have changed theme and it came with simpleblog.

Now we are using smartblog.

Do you have any mysql script or something to migrate data from smartblog to simpleblog?

thanks

por si le sirve a alguno

INSERT INTO `prstshp_simpleblog_post` ( date_add, date_upd, allow_comments, views, id_simpleblog_category, id_simpleblog_autor, id_simpleblog_post )
SELECT `prstshp_smart_blog_post`.created, `prstshp_smart_blog_post`.modified, `prstshp_smart_blog_post`.comment_status, `prstshp_smart_blog_post`.viewed, `prstshp_smart_blog_post`.id_category, `prstshp_smart_blog_post`.id_author, `prstshp_smart_blog_post`.id_smart_blog_post
FROM `prstshp_smart_blog_post`;

INSERT INTO `prstshp_simpleblog_post_lang` (  content, id_lang, id_simpleblog_post, link_rewrite, meta_description, meta_title, short_content, title)
select content, id_lang, id_smart_blog_post, link_rewrite, meta_Description, meta_title,  short_description , short_description 
FROM `prstshp_smart_blog_post_lang` where id_lang=4;

Sorry espacioled but i do not have any migration script but as many people asks me to migrate from SmartBlog to Blog for PrestaShop i'll try to create one.

Cool, looking forward to it!

Some blogs offer the option to update older content, as part of the SEO strategy, like "5 essential ideas fro blah blah blah" and you want to update this post a year or two later, while keeping the original URL and link juice intact. Those blog posts will have the original post date, as well as a "updated on June 20 2016" date field. Could be useful, as it gives old content that is already linked to a refresh boost, putting it to the front of the blog again.

Very interesting idea, thanks!

• Like 1

hi Krystian Podemski,

i've sended you messages about one problem with html code is giving us problems if we use this in post content, please check and tell us wich part of html is giving this error, because its a simple table with images and text. This html was working fine in our old blog module.

thanks.

I've replied to you, please remember that i am offering support only for people who bought regular license of module from me, not within a theme.

Over 1000 sales of Blog for PrestaShop! THANK YOU!

More new features coming very soon to module!

Also module would be fully compatible with upcoming PrestaShop 1.7!

Hi, any chance to make simple how to, for 301 redirect from smartblog to your blog module? I currently use their module with my 1.5 shop and would like to buy yours, but I'm afraid I could break something. There are just 11 posts on my blog page, so there is no need of automatic solution ... The reason I'm changing it, is because when I enable ssl on all pages the blog page doesn't open. 

And is there any demo to see how featured posts is working on 1.5 shop front page? 

Thanks

Blog for PrestaShop has been updated for PHP 7.2 and PrestaShop 1.7.5, full changelog:

Version 1.7.0 - January 19, 2019
[+] NEW: Next/Prev post links are available now in single.tpl (code commented out at this moment)
[+] NEW: Add canonical URL to single blog page

[*] IMPROVEMENT: Blog for PrestaShop tab has its own icon in back-office on PS 1.7
[*] IMPROVEMENT: Compatibility with PHP 7.2

[-] BUGFIX: Fix checking is user is logged in for native comment system
[-] BUGFIX: Fix redirect after comment add
[-] BUGFIX: Fix compatibility with gsitemap v4.x (we'll index there from next update)
[-] BUGFIX: Fix tabs permissions for user different than SuperAdmin
[-] BUGFIX: Fix custom meta title for blog categories
[-] BUGFIX: Fix for saving post with invalid data
[-] BUGFIX: Fix uploading of featured image while adding a first draft of the post
[-] BUGFIX: Fix for adding related products while adding a first draft of the post
[-] BUGFIX: Fixes for SEO we do not allow /blog with trailing slash at the end of the URL anymore
[-] BUGFIX: Fix custom meta title not being used without custom description
[-] BUGFIX: Fix facebook og:image

...aaand we've added Authors tab, full featured management of Authors coming in next update! 

New updates!

Version 1.7.1 - July 28, 2019
[+] NEW: json-ld instead of schema.org using html markup
[+] NEW: blog posts and categories are now available in sitemap of your store

[*] IMPROVEMENT: properly cache recent posts

[-] BUGFIX: minor fix to facebook comments and localization