Homepage

Hi,

On my homepage i would like to have a slider. I dont have enough knowledge to make this into a module and dont have enough money to pay someone to do it.

What i was hoping was that i could go into the theme and just paste the code of the slider in there. However it doesnt seem to be quite that easy.

Could anyone help please?

Cheers
Tony

Hello to all!

My name Antonio and I am here for the first time.I saw the 'Carousel module' and i want to use it on my page.
My page is www.e-de-toate.ro and i have a picture in the header . I want to replace the picture with the carousel module.
Would you be so nice to learn me how can i do this? Thank you so much! Cheers!

Hi uinteraju,

What is it that you want to edit?

The slideshow images are in modules/carousel/slides. You just need to add images to that folder and the module should automatically pick them up. You don't need to add any links for the images to appear.

To change the captions that appear for each image, you need to modify modules/carousel/carousel.tpl and modify the slide_captions value. Enter the captions separated by | for each image in the order the images appear.

To change the links for when you click on each image, you need to modify the slide_links value. Enter the links separated by ,

There are many other options there you can also change in carousel.tpl.

If you want to change the appearance of the carousel, you need to modify modules/carousel/carousel.css

If I get time in the future, I'll add a configuration page that lets you change these options without modifying code.

Try reloading the page or delete cookies etc. You can also try using another browser to see if it works.
It is compatible with IE, Mozilla, Chrome ... I have sometimes problems when using Mozilla (it gets stuck) but after deleting cookies and history all works fine. I think 4 you it's just a glitch. Good luck!

Hi jordy007 and lionhell,

I think I may have figured why it isn't working for you but is for others. Is your shop in a subdirectory like shop? If it is, I think you will need to modify modules/carousel/carousel_behavior_min.js and change:

/modules/carousel/make_slides.php

with:

/shop/modules/carousel/make_slides.php

Change shop to subdirectory where you uploaded Prestashop.

I tried your suggestion, but no change.

I tried to use url of my site (local for the time), http://127.0.0.1/BLEU-PASTEL/modules/carousel/make_slides.php , and this time the frame and buttons are displayed, sliding is working, but with no picture ! And on 1st frame a list of errors is displayed ...

ie:

Notice: Undefined variable: slide_type in C:\Users\LionHell\Documents\prestashop\modules\carousel\make_slides.php on line 131

Same for lines 183 and 217.

It seems to be the variable used with switch test ... slide_type

This occurs with my change in carousel_behavior_min.js using url instead of path as mentioned above.

I thought the prob. was with definitions of tests defining $slide_type.

So I decided to set $slide_type = 'image_slide'; in the last else{} for testing :

I got 2 new errors regarding offset line 135. (former errors vanished)

But sliding is working with this anomaly:

I got 8 frames for 5 pictures :
frames 1,2,3 are displaying errors
frames 4,5,6,7,8 are displaying the pictures

Hi jordy007 and lionhell,

I think I may have figured why it isn't working for you but is for others. Is your shop in a subdirectory like shop? If it is, I think you will need to modify modules/carousel/carousel_behavior_min.js and change:

/modules/carousel/make_slides.php

with:

/shop/modules/carousel/make_slides.php

Change shop to subdirectory where you uploaded Prestashop.

Thanks, it's good for me ;)