I used the UPS shipping module as a template to build a custom shipping module that is active if items in the cart are above 150lbs. It is updating tables I created, but not updating my order tables. The shipping total is being displayed in the cart before checking out, but once the customer checks out, the shipping total drops off and is not saved to the order...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by jdiggin (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I still don't have a solution for this. How does the UPS shipping module get the shipping cost to save to the order? I used that as a template and it works until the order is placed.

My webservice call returns the correct shipping rate and it is displayed in the cart before checkout, but when the order is placed, shipping isn't added to the order...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I am looking into a shipping module as well, however I feel that if you are unable to deduce how the UPS module updates the cart delivery costs, you may struggle to debug any solution you find.

Could I suggest that you look into the UPS module files for the place it updates the cart delivery cost.

A quick look at the Cart.php class file shows that the function for setting shipping cost returns a value which is set after looking up the carrier ID and relevant data to look up the cost on the table. Should you write a new function to replace this function, override it with correctly from within your module file structure and set the price from your module.

Obviously you would need to have it both operate for default carriers and your module. Allowing clients to provide customers with shipping options from a variety of sources as required.

Also, you havent detailed enough about how you store any of your costs. You have noted it shows correctly but is not saved in the cart beyond the order page.

Have you written functions/SQL calls to write the data into the correct tables?

Have you ensured that default prestashop classes are not running after your module and resetting the data?

I will keep an eye on this thread, although note that I am NOT AN EXPERT and can not provide any solutions just my interpretation of what I find and can understand.

Hey kevinwilkins, thanks so much for your response. I really appreciate the thoughtful insight and it is great advice. I did write appropriate queries to save cart data into tables and my code is saving to the database, but the total is still being dropped after checkout...

My boss instructed me to pursue a support plan with Prestashop to get this resolved. That is the route we went and we are hopeful this will be working by the end of today with their help.

Hey kevinwilkins, I understand. As of now the issue has not been resolved but we are still working at it. I will post an update when the issue is resolved and if I can offer any insight as to how the issue was fixed, I will.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...