Only on Chrome Browsers: Customers cannot login anymore

Hi

Since some time, it is not possible to login to our prestashop anymore on chrome browsers.. On other browsers it works all good..

And maybe 1 year ago, i can bet that it worked also on chrome, since then, i did not update the prestashop (but as we all know: chrome did..).

I tried several things: disabling SEO urls, disabling https... nothing helped.. except: when i change the shop url in configuration from "www.seasonwear.ch" into "seasonwear.ch" the user can login again..

But that would be not a solution, since we have the www.seasonwear.ch url linked in many sources..

What i found out is some strange cookie displays in chrome (see attached screenshot).

Test user:

[email protected]

pw: iLjN31e2

Does anybody know a solution for this?

post-469135-0-79049200-1390576877_thumb.png

Hi vekia,

I have this issue on every chrome browser (on my mac osx or windows 7).. tested on several devices (macbook, osx and vmware, and also on my lenovo, windows 7).. even on my iOS Chrome app i have the same results, whereas on the safari mobile browser i can login without problems...

I tried to remove the entire browsing history.. no success...

Did You try on chrome with the login credentials i mentioned above?

regards,

right, i tried the following:

- updated to Chrome 32.0.1700.102

- Disconnected my google account

- cleared all the history

Still i can't login (???), strange is: If i enter a wrong password, the error message appears saying that the password is incorrect (correct), but when i try to login with the correct credentials, it just refreshed the page..

Anybody else does have any suggestions?

I have the cookies in suspicion.. @vekia, how does your cookies differs from mine on chrome?

I don't know what happened, but i tried around with the shopping cart, since i saw a similar problem there (cart was empty out of the blue).. So i removed all the cookies again and tried again with the cart.. guess what, the cart was correct, and so was the login..

This is one of the weirdest thing, and i still don't know how to explain that to the shop owner..

Anyway i guess that slipped in with a bug of an older version of Chrome, and disappeared again.. but once opened the url, it's hard to get rid of it.. it might be also a confusion with the admin, since the admin site i can access with "seasonwear.ch" not only with "www.seasonwear.ch".. anyway, i still can't reproduce the problem ..

I think i can reproduce the problem:

I delete all the cookies and open the shop with "seasonwear.ch" -> cannot login

i delete all the cookies and open the shop with "www.seasonwear.ch" -> login works!

That explains also the strange cookie url naming.... you think i can configure this somehow in .htaccess? is it the kind of redirection?

regards,

seasonwear.ch isn't the same as www.seasonwear.ch

you should use some kind of redirection to one proper version (i have no idea which one is proper - check seo & urls preferences)

Right. seasonwear.ch gets ridirected to www.seasonwear.ch and it seems that Prestashop first generates and drops the cookie and then redirects to www. and that might be the source of the issue.

changed the .htaccess and added this line inside the mod_rewrite condition (after RewriteEngine on):

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\. 
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [R=301,L]

Hope this might help somebody else as well.. (maybe remove the cookies before testing)

i have same problem , im using multistore  , in .htaccess i have for 3 domains , i add your code in .htaccess but still customer can not loging to shop by chrome . 

My shop make 2 cookies on browser domain.com and www.domain.com . 

when i remove only domain.com cookie everything fine , but after sometimes again i cannot loging and need delete again domain.com cookie

i check your shop , your shop make 2 cookies , i think you have still that problem , but it shows sometimes and in all browser 

Edited by shahriar (see edit history)

• 3 years later...