Delivery charge based on either Postcode or location

Hi,

I've a customer running a local Pizza delivery who is looking to move online. I was hoping to use Prestashop but I am having real trouble seeing how I can organise delivery charges based on either the customers Postcode or their distance to the shop.

He isn't requiring anything too complicated and we could probably get away with having 3 charges based on EH43*, EH44* & EH45* or 3 towns with a different delivery charge for each one.

Is this possible out of the box or is there a fairly low cost module which will provide this for me? I've seen some running into the £100+ which is a little too much.

Thanks,

Hedley

Well it seems that Prestashop is still not a fully fledged package and while I know these forums are community led so I shouldn't expect an answer, the fact that I haven't had an answer after 3 days makes me wary of using it for my clients so I will move on and use a professional package instead.

Might pop my head round the door in a few years time to check it out.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...

Hi there,

Did you find any answer after this long time? It almost one year and half from your question. How did you solve your problem?

Hi,

no, I moved to WordPress/WooCommerce as it has a decent community support and loads of plugins. PrestaShop looks great but it's just not ready yet to use.