[SOLVED] simple SEO for prestashop, use product_lang table, on your database so that search engines find your site!!!

keyword search engine module for prestashop, anytime soon? I think more important keywords from the great modules that have been created by prestashop or member, because the keyword optimization on search engines, then our store will have a ranking in the search engines. it will affect the stores frequented by the user to make transactions, because the ultimate goal of the shop is to do a transaction that resulted in profits earned money, See explanation below

hi and welcome to the prestashop community,

can you please explain again in a clear way what you need and give examples and screenshots so we understand you 100%

Thank you for your response, you know SEO, so everyone knows what SEO is, if you do not know SEO try searching on google, just look at prestastore module, module-helper SEO and what I found in lang_product, by default the column prestashop meta_description , meta_keyword, meta title, is empty, try enabling your phpmyadmin, product_lang see in the table, and why the prestastore create SEO helper module, because that's where SEO works, and you'll know how much money should you spend for an SEO, because the SEO, that's where you store the key to success in competing with thousands of other stores in the search engine, sorry for my english

12763_hG5wOY3IZN4WmYumW9MJ_t

yes i know what SEO is, i am sure a couple of other people have heard of it.

ok, here what i will tell you... that module is for the lazy people that dont want to enter any information to the meta tags when they create the product.
I do usually import using a spreadsheet, and i insert the same fields manually!

but if you want, you can do that by purchasing a the module from prestastore or insert the data to the meta tags yourself... the result is the same!

yes you are right, I prefer to fill in the meta title, meta desription, meta keywords manually using phpmyadmin and unlock their locked default, as you see the column made Null and Default Yes made NULL, this result, search engines did not find our website except with the keyword of our store's name only, whereas in the SEO function of meta keywords, meta title is very, very vital, see TAB STAT KEYWORD choices, where the user can see our website to find any keyword, of course, be many visible keyword shop name only, that is where we must open the meta description, meta title, meta keyword and become Null = No and Default = None, otherwise it would be useless even if the content, because they will not be accessible to search engines

i agree, good that we understand one another on this topic.
you can use it using phpmyadmin or you can do it from the back office product page one by one.

agreed, through the back office product can indeed be filled, but if the default table in product_lang not change so no use what we fill, because the meta title, meta description and meta keywords will not be tracked by search engines

id_product id_lang description description_short link_rewrite meta_description meta_keywords meta_title name available_now available_later

all these fields are filled with information when i fill them from the back office.
why are you saying they product_land is still empty? maybe there is something wrong in your case as in mine whenever i make a change in the back office to one of these fields, i can see the change from the phpmyadmin which is how it is supposed to be

blank value of database structure, not empty of content, you try to look again at NULL and Default on meta_keyword, meta_description, meta_title, even if you fill them, but still worth the three database structures is Null = Yes and Default = NULL, and it means they are still considered empty by the machine search, you try to run the SEO software, such as IBP, the value meta_keyword, meta_description, meta_title, will be worth only store and prestashop title, but meta_title, meta_keywords, meta_description not empty the contents.
If id_product, id_lang, description_short description, link_rewrite, available_now available_later less effect on the SEO, because the value of SEO to promote meta_title, meta_keywords, meta_description, if they value Null = Yes and Default = NULL, then their value is still considered empty by the search engines system, this simple example I put an ad in the street but my ad was covered with cloth, the result is the people could not see what I advertised, so the cover must be opened first so that people can see my ad, ok

Do not see your changes in the content, but look at the database structure, whether the structure is allowed to read or not, even if you change the content in a way but is considered empty if not allowed to read, why should be written. Null means empty, and if the Null value Yes, the 225 characters that filled the empty remains of structures considered by the database,
Moreover, the structure of the three default columns are also NULL, then it means they are still considered to be empty.
remember the basics of knowledge about the database.
initial value of column product_lang structure meta_keywords, meta_description, meta_title is

Null = Yes,
Default = NULL

replace with

Null = No
Default = None

via phpmyadmin

it means what you fill, allowing the database structure to be read by search engines

there is nothing wrong in the database, we only slightly change the structure of the Null and Default columns in table product_lang, Null = No (with remove the tick) and default = None, so that the database allows search engines look at what we have written in meta_title, meta_keywords , and meta_description, through backoffice product catalog

The module helps you fill in the fields, the index keys in the database just define the default fields, Google/Yahoo/Bing will still grab information about the products but it will default to the page title. Your change is totally pointless. If your products did not get indexed without the change you proposed, something else is going on....BTW meta tags do not really help your SERP's anyways.... it's backlinks that are most important.

The module helps you fill in the fields, the index keys in the database just define the default fields, Google/Yahoo/Bing will still grab information about the products but it will default to the page title. Your change is totally pointless. If your products did not get indexed without the change you proposed, something else is going on....BTW meta tags do not really help your SERP's anyways.... it's backlinks that are most important.

if the function module is only to help fill the fields, why do we have to work twice, even though the product catalog we have to fill in these fields, means in other words you assume the module is useless, when the module is 300 uero,
page title = meta_title
if meta_title is Null = Yes, and default = NULL (structure), is still optimal?, search engines grab your product?

I agree about the backlink

If you don't fill out the meta tags, the page title defaults to the product name, Google picks that up. The #1 thing people need to do is set up "Google Web Master tool" for their site, verify the site and see exactly what Google is doing with it. Yahoo also has their own version of this tool.

From there, you can also adjust the googlebot's activity on your site from there and fix any issues that Google finds, it will give you suggestions regarding tags and such. This is the type of advice people need for SEO, not changing database structure. It's a slippery slope. Canned, prestashop is fine for "on page" SEO. It's off page SEO that makes or breaks a site.

let you see the tag structure id_tag is Null = No and Default = None, obviously it could be picked up by google or others, but I discuss the product_lang about meta_title, meta_description, meta_keywords, the value Null = Yes and Default = NULL
I do not mean sly and my website remains safe

let you see the tag structure id_tag is Null = No and Default = None, obviously it could be picked up by google or others, but I discuss the product_lang about meta_title, meta_description, meta_keywords, the value Null = Yes and Default = NULL
I do not mean sly and my website remains safe

It doesn't matter if the meta's are NULL or not.

that your opinion, the fact tag and value different product_lang, on Null and Default, grab the search engine will not get more information from the products we sell if tag = 10 characters while meta's = 255 255 128 characters

It's Matt Cutts opinion also, the guy works for google.. Look, it's your site but I do not think you are giving people proper SEO advice and you are altering the database structure of Prestashop. Maybe it has no ill affects but it seems unnecessary to me.

The proper advice to give to folks regarding getting traffic to their site is to build quality backlinks and create good on page content. These are the two major things. On page SEO is a very very small part of SEO. The #1 thing people should do for on page SEO is to put their targeted keyword or keyword phrase in their Main Title.

Like mine is "Lolita Glasses", that's the number one search for the product I sell, so I put that key phrase first in my main title followed by my shop name "Lolita Glasses - GlasswareDreams.com", also notice my sig, it says "Lolita glasses" instead of my store name. There is a reason for that. It boosts the Search engine result for my site for that keyword phrase because it is now a link in google. Simple things like this do a heck of a lot more than what you are proposing people do. Take it for what it is worth. I moved from position #105 to #5, #6 in the organic searches for this competitive key phrase in one month. Now THAT's how you get traffic to your site....

Can you guyz advice me on what to put in meta informations in order to get better rankings?

per shop it self and per certain individual product (eg. ACER eMachines EZ160 - 99.FXDTZ.214)?

JAVA, I believe that you have changed that default structure of your database as you described earlier... the question is, did you notice any improvements in ranking? are you getting better positions just because you changed it?

I agree with Ion that there are many important factors, but SEO is about taking everything into account, the small and the big!
so if it is something that helps, then you should do it,even if it just helps a little.

But i need more feedback about this first.

Check this out: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/keywords-meta-tag-in-web-search/

This is also a good tool to see what path you are on with SEO for your site: http://website.grader.com

Thanks for the interesting links!

I tried the grader on but it doe not do enything.

It takes a little while to run once you put in your URL. You should see the progress at the bottom, a little "splat" looking thing runs and tells you what it is doing....

EDIT - you are right, it looks like it is broken right now. But it usually works just fine. Give a try in a couple of days.

JAVA, I believe that you have changed that default structure of your database as you described earlier... the question is, did you notice any improvements in ranking? are you getting better positions just because you changed it?

I agree with Ion that there are many important factors, but SEO is about taking everything into account, the small and the big!
so if it is something that helps, then you should do it,even if it just helps a little.

But i need more feedback about this first.

thank's first1
Indeed the beginning of what I mean here is to use a small hole in prestashop to support the SEO, but the discussion widened out from what has been provided by prestashop for SEO product.

Please look at the picture, the difference between the structure has not been changed and after changed, then they are taken by search engines, with the same keywords, but different results, before changed, google read the title and some of the contents of the header (first initial submission) #19, and after the modified, bing # 1 to read meta's, # 1 yahoo read meta's. With the keyword "pimpilina" google retrieve content from the CMS, is the logic of the search engines is difficult to predict, especially google. So at least we should try, how to make the store better, because in prestashop facilities, why not used? and therefore I use prestashop.
and no harm come to this forum, the election of a member in prestashop forums also have functions for SEO, with a java-herbs.com could be # 1, so every effort should be made, of course, by using the logic of their thinking, and all inputs acceptable to the success of the store, quite a few explanations from me, thank you

12868_775WqT3bfkWqgB83Y7Qg_t

12869_UVZX4Pv7h8F74WtBXZGj_t

12870_qqC2BuWh242C5TQJHdPo_t

12871_5v3kKhWzblLGaVvEWrnD_t

12872_2w4TAozHXCNDBwhNzEyV_t

• 1 month later...

no no i have same problem after update from 1.05 to 1.25 my rank and store go down in google :D

look waht he have in header :)

<title>my site</title>
<meta name="description" content="Shop powered by PrestaShop" />
<meta name="keywords" content="shop, prestashop" />

in version 1.05 desciption and keywords came from store :)

so how to change this

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...