Product images not showing after server migration prestashop

I have migrated my prestashop 1.5.6 e-commerce site to a new server,

Process i did was just upload the files to new server and import the db.

I cleaned the Cache/smarty/compile and Cache/smarty/cache folders and left the index.php file.

I tried regenerating thumbnails from Preferences/images page but didn't work and gave "Internal server error".

I changed the process configuration to FcgidBusyTimeout 3600 in /etc/httpd/conf.d/fcgid.conf

I tried again to regenerate and this time, it is gave that : Original images not found in /img/p/1/2/xxx, But in reality all my images are in /img/p/xxxx.png

I tried using the Move Images to New image structure function in Preferences/images page and it created the structure but 1400+ images are not found now !!

Anyhelp will be more then welcome !

• 2 weeks later...

Well im having the same issue and I turned on debugging and regenerated the images and still go error 500 server timing out. i have even changed and allowed resources in php.ini file but it still timing out and alot of my images still a "?" and like the other guy its giving me the error below that im missing thousands of images???

http://prntscr.com/2oqkhe

Ive tried everything pls help!!

Thank you for the support, but as no solution was working, debugging and after trying re-generating images by types and all possible tips found on google etc....it didn't workout and my client decided to move back to old hosting server it used to work.

Regards

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I alsho have no images after Prestashop migration to another server.

The solution appear to be play with frendly URL switch in the  Preferences -> SEO & URL

When migrating You have to:

Set You Presta to maintance mode

Make prestashop backup

Download backup

upload backup to second server

change ps_shop_url  table to new server adress

go Preferences > SEO&URLS  find shops URL’s  and just click save

the missing images i solved by turn off URL switch in the  Preferences -> SEO & URL

(after You can turn on URL switch in the  Preferences -> SEO & URL again)