tomerg3

[FREE MODULE] Order IP Address Verification - Avoid fraud, chargebacks & unhappy customers

Simple, powerful (and Free!) fraud detection.

Fraud detection is simple with real time IP address information displayed in each Order page in your back office. Compare the customer-entered billing address with the IP address information to avoid fraudulent transactions, chargebacks and unhappy customers.

* Based on the IP address used to place each order, the module displays the Country, Region, City, Zip/Postal Code, Time Zone and Coordinates of the location of the customer's computer in your back office Order page.

* Detect and avoid fraud by easily comparing the location of the customer's computer with the billing and shipping addresses they enter.

* Show the exact location of the customer's computer using Google Maps.

* Uses a Free 3rd Party Service for IP lookup. Learn more about IPInfoDB here:http://www.ipinfodb.com

Tested on PrestaShop 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6.x

Download for free here: http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/prestashop-free-modules/107-order-ip-address-verification.html

Direct download: http://bit.ly/1i8I396

v1.1 released

* Added support for PrestaShop 1.6

post-20153-0-92844500-1390329675_thumb.png

post-20153-0-38095700-1390329753_thumb.png

• Like 2

Hi tomerg3,

when trying to install your module (thank you for offering it!) in the development environment of my shop, I get these warning messages:

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 1109 bytes in /home/.sites/803/....../....../....../modules/orderipaddressverification/PrestoChangeoClasses/PrestoChangeoModule.php on line 195

Warning: array_rand() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /home/.sites/803/....../....../....../modules/orderipaddressverification/PrestoChangeoClasses/PrestoChangeoModule.php on line 198

And after entering the API key and clicking the Update button, this additional message appears:

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 0 of 524 bytes in /home/.sites/803/site5529141/web/denfindstdunicht/modules/orderipaddressverification/PrestoChangeoClasses/PrestoChangeoModule.php on line 179

All three messages come up every time I click the Configure link in the modules listing.

Something one would have to worry about?

Thank you for looking into it!

These are harmless, it's related to an internal function in the module.

You can send us a contact message from our site to see why the notices are showing, but the module should work just fine.

Thank you for replying so super fast!

I thought / hoped these messages were harmless. However...

This is how the Module looks in my back office:

post-637116-0-75501200-1396191092_thumb.png

Your "Explore our modules" list is not showing, and the related links lead nowhere.

Nevertheless I tried out the module by placing two test orders.

And ... stumbled into a show-stopping error:

While the ps_oav_order_ip_log table gets filled correctly, the ps_oav_ip_info table stays completely empty. This causes a "500 Internal Server Error" when trying to open the new order from the order list in the back office (while all older orders open instantly). As soon as I deactivate the module, I can open the new orders as well.

What's going wrong?

Btw, I tried calling http://api.ipinfodb.com/v3/ip-city/?format=xml&key=(plus my API key) in a browser window - this works and returns a (correct) XML result. So I'm pretty sure it can't be an error with my account / API-key on IPinfoDB.

What can I do to get the module running?

Hello and thank you for this usefull module.
Sometimes, when I access my modules pages, it gave me those errors :

- Opening and ending tag mismatch: hr line 8 and body
- Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 3 and html
-Premature end of data in tag html line 1

post-603134-0-45048700-1416134307_thumb.jpg

Can you help about that me please ?

Thanks in advance,

nonsoloargenti: Not yet, we hope to release it in the future

The module gives you your server IP, but that is not my server IP.

1 hour ago, nicoX said:

The module gives you your server IP, but that is not my server IP.

lol no, it gives you your customer IP...

3 minutes ago, KevinNash said:

lol no, it gives you your customer IP...

I was unclear.

In the modules configuration page, it displays your server IP, which you need to register to the IP tracker service. That is not the server address. I need to ask my hosting company what the server IP is. So I don't understand this feature.

8 hours ago, nicoX said:

I was unclear.

In the modules configuration page, it displays your server IP, which you need to register to the IP tracker service. That is not the server address. I need to ask my hosting company what the server IP is. So I don't understand this feature.

It displays your website IP, this is the one you must use on ipinfodb.com.

It can be different from your server IP adress, in my case I am on a shared hosting but I have a dedicated website IP so it is different from my server IP 😉

I used that, and it said it wasn't a working IP, so I couldn't register with it.

Hi, is it working on 1.6.1.22?  I tried to install it but nothing happen.

It should work for all PS 1.6.x versions

are easy to set? or are necessary some manual setting?

i see in prestashop there is a function to see the connection of the customer but not to all users works, your module work for all users?

i setted the module, but some order show this message, why isn't possible show IP?

image.png.9e42d562c1caad86947e15ff5412565a.png

It's hard to say without any more information.

Are you able to reproduce this issue? Does it happen to many orders?

The module uses cookies to save the IP information, and it could be that a cookie was deleted.

I have many orders with this situation without ip, what type of test is possible made? 

Are you able to reproduce the issue? 

Is there anything in common with all the orders that do not show the IP? For example, all using the same payment module. 

Posted (edited)

This module does not work with IPv6 so it's practically useless these days. That's why you see no IP. Those customers are not using IPv4. It's the same for us for a looong time...

Edited by KeenGamer (see edit history)

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will review this as soon as we are able to, and look to release an updated version.

On 4/17/2020 at 7:48 PM, tomerg3 said:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will review this as soon as we are able to, and look to release an updated version.

Any ideas when you can have the update?

Thanks.