The module is working correctly, something is wrong with your css. Because you cannot tell me what you are trying to change or which part is not working I cannot help you.

Then don't use the module, its a pretty simple solution.

The other option is that you rethink the neanderthal marketing philosophy of blaring as loud as possible that you have a limonade stand. You may actually come up with less oboxious and more creative (i.e. effective) solutions to attract customers.

....just a thought

In the meantime I have taken your suggestion to heart -:) 

We are actually, it will be for sale for $40 on the addons store soon with no advertising in it. 

As for the marketing, we know our market, we provide good service, and it works. 

It doesn't work in

/* barra nav nera top nav */
header .nav {
background: #323a45 none repeat scroll 0 0; }

/* cambio colore carrello */
.shopping_cart > a:first-child {
background: #323a45 none repeat scroll 0 0;
border-radius: 5px;
    }

thank-you for the module,

and the effort to produce it

works great on 1.6.1.3

i don't see any ads on the module in 1.6.1.3,

so i don't know what the other poster is referring to

but it is a free module,

so the ad is a small price to pay on the end-user, no need for such anger at a free module

keep up the good work dh42

(being a complete newbie, i have learned some valuable tips from your site)

Edited by Impulse Dart (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

@Wing Fat, @ANGELICA07, @qiherbs

We have added a paid version of the module now. It is exactly like the free version, but it does not have any of our company branding. The menu bar has been removed, there are no ads in the CSS screen, and there is no mention of our company. The logo has been replaced with the CSS3 logo. Perfect for using on client shop's. The branding free version is only $10 as well. All you have to do is click the purchase link on this page, https://dh42.com/free-prestashop-modules/prestashop-free-css-module/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry, just a question, I've installed your module but nothing happened.

The fact is that we are not using the default bootstrap-theme but another theme and template, does it work also on that customization or there could be some problems ?

It works no matter what the theme is. Did you go to the modules page, find the module, and click configure? That is where you can edit the CSS for the theme.

• Like 1

It works no matter what the theme is. Did you go to the modules page, find the module, and click configure? That is where you can edit the CSS for the theme.

Yes, nothing happens

The thing is that right now I've installed it on an our shop which use the default bootstrap-theme and it works

simply : "#footer {background-color: blue !important; }"

the same code on the one which use an external theme it doesn't work and we even don't see the sentence in the code :-(

More specifications:

the external theme installed has another global.css file which I'm sure it overrides the global.css default, if we modify that file we can see the changes, instead it seems that your module can't override that file, but the global.css default theme.

I'm not saying that is a bug, just wanna know if is it so please.

Thank you

More than likely the issue sounds like the module is not hooked to the head of the theme when you switch themes. Try transplanting the module to the head when you enable the other theme. The module does not edit the global.css file, it creates the css in the head of the site, so that is why it works with all themes.

• Like 1

Your module is hooked in two places:

"Header" and "displayBackOfficeHeader" the same thing is in the shop which it works.

The only difference that I think is relevant is that in the shop where it works there is also the Configurator Theme module which there isn't in the shop where it doesn't

Hope I explained well enough, sorry for my english

Edited by NNGNews (see edit history)

• 11 months later...

Hi. I am interested in this module.

Does it work with Multishop?

My goal is to use the same template for two different frontends (with the same backend) with different css.

• 1 year later...

SOLVED! 

Advanced Parameters > Performance > Disable Non Prestashop Modules > NO

... I'd left that debug setting on by mistake. Will leave the question here in case it helps anyone

About https://dh42.com/free-prestashop-modules/
and Prestashop Editor <odule for Prestashop 1.6 which is now free - thank you DH42!

Does anyone know a thread for posting questions about it?

My problem is with the links starting "edit". With a clean 1.6 install, each link shows a list of files such as ,css files, and a rectangle under each one marked "toggle" that opens an editing page for that file. All wonderful. Really. It's impressive.

My played-with site has less luck. The links begining "edit" show lists of files such as ,css files, but no "toggle" button to open an edit box.

If I cut and past the source code from the two web sites and beautify in one program then compare in another, I see that they're both the same apart from what you'd expect. So something different makes the module work on a played-with site and not on a fresh one.

I've had a lot of success with the ,css edit module, so maybe I should stick with that, but any links to appropriate forums or ideas or questions are welcome

Edited by johnrobertson
Solved! added solution (see edit history)

• 1 year later...