[Module] Free Prestashop Twitter Card Module

We have released our free Prestashop twitter card module. This module will allow you to promote your site and your products on twitter using twitter cards. You can display your products with images and prices in their own cards so they stand out on people's time lines. 

Article about the module

The module

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hey Dh42,

I'm not sure if it's because of the cache but I cannot validate my site to apply on the twitter cards dev site.. only about 2 green lights show and the rest of the tags are not shown. Could be just the cache.. did you have any of the same problems?

Thanks,

eggo

It does not appear to be working at all. Have you turned error reporting on and see if it generates an error message?

• 2 months later...

It's installed and validated well on my temp site. Only error is in pricing. The default shop currency is INR, the module displays an amount in $ but it is not the same $amount if I change the currency in the shop to $.

Also I'm not sure how to use the twitter card. I have the module installed, what happens next? Is this card shown if someone tweets the link to the product or there is something else that needs to be done?

Its a great module and I look forward to using it successfully on the launch of my website.

• 1 month later...

I am trying to use this module and also having the same issues like above comments. Trying to debug this a bit I got the invalid card type error with the smarty cache activated on my site. Inspecting the html source code in the product page there is not meta tags for twitter. Then, if I disable the cache twitter meta tags appears in the product page and twitter card validator recognize them but still missing twitter:description tag and of course the request approval in the card validator is still not available due this missing tag.

Also if I set true _PS_MODE_DEV_ in defines.inc.php there are not error output.

• 5 months later...

Dear developer,

Thank you for offering this free Twitter card module. It seems to work for other sites....   some bugs on our site

We are on PS 1.6.0.9 .

No cart show on product page.. but in top of the product page we have this: http://screencast.com/t/PO7IFxcHE1K

Wierd, the URL Twitter card test: The URL entered for Twiiter card test give result for different product??

In testing the twitter card, this result: http://screencast.com/t/p3xMurquI0tq

How has the golden tip?

Thank you,

Peter

look for you self here: https://www.derks-wielersport.nl/7225/teasi-one-2-fietscomputer-met-navigatie.html

Edited by peter4661 (see edit history)

I am trying to use this module and also having the same issues like above comments. Trying to debug this a bit I got the invalid card type error with the smarty cache activated on my site. Inspecting the html source code in the product page there is not meta tags for twitter. Then, if I disable the cache twitter meta tags appears in the product page and twitter card validator recognize them but still missing twitter:description tag and of course the request approval in the card validator is still not available due this missing tag.

Also if I set true _PS_MODE_DEV_ in defines.inc.php there are not error output.

Initial we had same error. After clearing Prestashop cache, problem was solved. Twitter card is shown in validation test.

However..  the module takes product price, tax excluded.  Need to change some string ...  saw some examples on WWW, tried, without success.   mmm...   See and compare..   https://www.derks-wielersport.nl/3861/shimano-cassette-10sp-ultegra-cs-6700.html

• 4 months later...

Ho DH42,

I need some help on this. Twitter is not well know here in Austria, only 3% using this, nevertheless I want to give a try on the twitter cards. I validated my URL and have this result:. Don't know where to fix the 3 errors. Any clue ? Products are pet accessories - why not whitelisted ?

INFO:  Page fetched successfully
INFO:  28 metatags were found
INFO:  twitter:card = product tag found
WARN:  Not whitelisted
ERROR: Required meta tag missing (twitter:description)
ERROR: Required meta tag missing (twitter:data2)
ERROR: Required meta tag missing (twitter:label2)

EDIT: after I deleted the cache - partially working, but I have also the Warning "not whitelisted" - This means what ? I requested for approval, but also after 2 days nothing. How long does it take ?
Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We have released our free Prestashop twitter card module. This module will allow you to promote your site and your products on twitter using twitter cards. You can display your products with images and prices in their own cards so they stand out on people's time lines. 

Article about the module

The module

The link is dead

• 3 months later...

It should not affect the speed at all. 

Wonder if I do anything wrong, when I tweet a product from my store it does not show a card like that, and it also brought the description from another product :-(

Hi, we are whitelisted via twitter, and when I activate the module I got some errors on top of the page.

Take a screenshot or paste the error results. You may also have to pastebin the rendered source. Do you know how to paste to pastebin and how to make screenshots?

Take a screenshot or paste the error results. You may also have to pastebin the rendered source. Do you know how to paste to pastebin and how to make screenshots?

Pastebin?

Here is the screenshoot of the issue in left upper corner, I have uninstalled the module now because of the issue.

post-356552-0-31588700-1446979047_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi there, 

I've installed the module (great work by the way), but i have some difficult to post a link/card on twitter.

When i try to test a product page with card validator i have an error : ERROR: Fetching the page failed because it resulted in too many redirects.

But the validator works with the index.html. But, at the end, even index.html doesnt work when i'm posting the page on twitter.

If you have some ideas you are welcome :)

thx

yeah sure!  => modigo.fr 

and i i try to validate any product page, this one for exemple => modigo.fr/bracelets-fantaisie/38-bracelet-large-multirangs.html

i get the message in validator

And if i tweet the only page who success the validator (index.html) my tweet doesnt look like card : 

i read that twitter takes few weeks to validate the website ? but how? i don't see any submission anywhere on twitter :/ 

Okay i disabled the module:

- If i try the validator for index with all complete URL with a "/" a the end i got : ERROR: Fetching the page failed because it resulted in too many redirects.

- if in try the validator for index with no '/' a the end i got less metatags (12 instead of 18 with module ON and an error):

INFO:  12 metatags were found
WARN:  Not whitelisted
WARN:  this card is redirected to http : // www . modigo.fr/

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Thanks to Dh42 for this module.
After installed the module, I had a blank page on my front office. I'm getting this error

in /customers/3/e/b/domain_name/httpd.www/classes/Tools.php on line 1777 Fatal error: Call to undefined method Twittercard::getCacheId() in /customers/3/e/b/domain_name/httpd.www/modules/twittercard/twittercard.php on line 145

Someone can help me to fix it ?

Thank you

PS 1.5.3.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've installed the module but when i'm using the validator, it shows same product's example for every link (main link, product linki category link) without price etc. what should i do? i'm using 1.6.1.6

• 6 months later...

Hello,

nice one but after installation the card verification gives:

INFO:  26 metatags were found
INFO:  twitter:card = summary tag found
ERROR: Required meta tag missing (twitter:text:description)
ERROR: Required meta tag missing (twitter:text:title)

Are you gonna update this to be compliant?
Cheers!
M

• 1 month later...

th module not working.

I've downloaded the latest from you ecomm platform.

<meta name="twitter:titlecontent="">

<meta name="twitter:descriptioncontent="">

<meta name="twitter:imagecontent="">

are always empty

I use prestashop 1.6.1.12

Tx for any fix

Are they saving in your back office? 

hi, what you mean "backoffice" ?

twitter cards must be front office only.

I've installed the plugin and configured and all is saved corrwectly but every twitter card have empty values as i wrote before

I found the problem:

If Smarty cache is enabled the plugin will not change the previous product and keep it forever.

If you enable smarty cache while in home page, so no product image and info are loaded, even if you visit a product the data are not filled.

The solution is support smarty cache like the Opengraph feature doing.

I hope this find couldbe usefull to fix the problem.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Unfortunately, the module does not work.
All tags are empty:

Prestashop 1.6.1.20

<!-- twitter card module -->

<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary">
<meta name="twitter:site" content="">
<meta name="twitter:creator" content="">
<meta name="twitter:title" content="">
<meta name="twitter:description" content="">
<meta name="twitter:image" content="">
<!-- twitter card module -->
Edited by Sobolev (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

To be honest you should not be using html in the short description, when the module was written for 1.6 html was stripped from every short description display area.