Hello,

I'm using PrestaShop 1.5.5.0. 

My website is www.allworldfurniture.com and live now. I saw that one customer has registered 3 times with same name, same age and same mail id. How is it possible ? is  there any hacker trying to do so ?

Name, age and other stuff can be identical but how one mailid is registered multiple time ? any idea friends ? Shall I change something ?

hello

one customer are able to use several addresses, also if these addresses are the same.

Where you notied that you've got several the same credentials? On customers list? or maybe on addresses page?

I saw three new customer registered but all having same name same email id and etc.

are you able to verify database for these customers data?

you have to check ps_customer table

you've got there duplicated entries?

did you modify email validation function?

as native prestashop does not allow for 'same' email address at registration time.

just curious :)

vekia I've checked the database and there are three ids with the same name and email etc.

El Patron No I've not any kind of modifications. The strange thing is that when I try to register with an existing emai-id or even checkout as a guest with that, it says the email id already register.

Very strange. May be a bug or I've to ask the strange customer :o

tip: each of those customer accounts will have a date added in their mysql db record.  Might be interesting to see when they were added. 

I also have this problem. I did have guest account enabled originally, but decided on disabling it because I noticed duplicates (which is understandable as they were not registering)

But even with Guest account disabled this still happens.

I have only just searched and found this topic because a duplicate has just re-registered and ordered again :/

post-404663-0-18207100-1390416313_thumb.jpg

edit....
Actually they cant be re-registering with the same email as I just tried it on our site and it bring up the warning like this.

post-404663-0-49173600-1390416578_thumb.jpg

So the customer must be placing an order, and for some reason Prestashop is creating a new ID for that customer ?

Edited by MerseyRay (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Same problem here...

These multiple client ids were added to the database with slight differences in time: 20 seconds to 1 minute. It seems to be something automatic.

Edit:

It has something to do with guest accounts. I have one client with 3 guest accounts, registered basically at the same time. another client has 3 guest accounts and 1 regular account.

Nevertheless they don't seem to have problems, the only thing I'm afraid of is that they receive 3 or 4 copies of the newsletters that I send...

Edited by ilovekutchi.com (see edit history)

This is default behaviour for PrestaShop when using guest account. When checking if an email exist in database, guest account is ignored by default. There for you will have a new account for every time same customer uses the guest checkout

• Like 1

I have an issue with this, sometimes people have "no payment module installed" as it seems to an issue when they have several accounts with same email... and some group collision for Payment check modules...

Strange

Hi, I am using Prestashop 1.6.1.11 and still can find customer with multiple IDs. Seems like he ordered with Guest checkout every single time. Is there any solution for this? It's been more than 3 years! Wow!  :o

• Like 1

This is definitely a problem and has had a bug opened on it some time ago.  This bug should be re-opened and considered a blocker.  What a mess this flow creates and I do believe that this thread captures the flow perfectly for it to be actionable.  Guest account creation should check against the existing customer tables to prevent duplication of account names.  I have also seen where this blocks the "Guest" from placing an order. 

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-5642

Still reproduced in 1.7.2.2. Any solution?

Hi,

same problem with 1.7.5.2
Multiple IDs with same datas (name, email, creation date...) except "secure_key" field.

So when the customer validate the payment, I have "PaymentModule::validateOrder - Secure key does not match" message in PS logs, and no order created in the back office.

This customer account bug happens randomly.