Hello,

I'm using PrestaShop 1.5.5.0. 

My website is www.allworldfurniture.com and live now. I saw that one customer has registered 3 times with same name, same age and same mail id. How is it possible ? is  there any hacker trying to do so ?

Name, age and other stuff can be identical but how one mailid is registered multiple time ? any idea friends ? Shall I change something ?

vekia I've checked the database and there are three ids with the same name and email etc.

El Patron No I've not any kind of modifications. The strange thing is that when I try to register with an existing emai-id or even checkout as a guest with that, it says the email id already register.

Very strange. May be a bug or I've to ask the strange customer :o

I also have this problem. I did have guest account enabled originally, but decided on disabling it because I noticed duplicates (which is understandable as they were not registering)

But even with Guest account disabled this still happens.

I have only just searched and found this topic because a duplicate has just re-registered and ordered again :/

post-404663-0-18207100-1390416313_thumb.jpg

edit....
Actually they cant be re-registering with the same email as I just tried it on our site and it bring up the warning like this.

post-404663-0-49173600-1390416578_thumb.jpg

So the customer must be placing an order, and for some reason Prestashop is creating a new ID for that customer ?

Edited by MerseyRay (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Same problem here...

These multiple client ids were added to the database with slight differences in time: 20 seconds to 1 minute. It seems to be something automatic.

Edit:

It has something to do with guest accounts. I have one client with 3 guest accounts, registered basically at the same time. another client has 3 guest accounts and 1 regular account.

Nevertheless they don't seem to have problems, the only thing I'm afraid of is that they receive 3 or 4 copies of the newsletters that I send...

Edited by ilovekutchi.com (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, I am using Prestashop 1.6.1.11 and still can find customer with multiple IDs. Seems like he ordered with Guest checkout every single time. Is there any solution for this? It's been more than 3 years! Wow!  :o

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is definitely a problem and has had a bug opened on it some time ago.  This bug should be re-opened and considered a blocker.  What a mess this flow creates and I do believe that this thread captures the flow perfectly for it to be actionable.  Guest account creation should check against the existing customer tables to prevent duplication of account names.  I have also seen where this blocks the "Guest" from placing an order. 

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-5642

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

same problem with 1.7.5.2
Multiple IDs with same datas (name, email, creation date...) except "secure_key" field.

So when the customer validate the payment, I have "PaymentModule::validateOrder - Secure key does not match" message in PS logs, and no order created in the back office.

This customer account bug happens randomly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes @Rosi we have the same problem with version 1.7.5.2. I don´t know if the problem persist in later versions. 
At the moment, We have solved the problem using the extern module OnePageCheckout at the moment. With our customer, since September 2019 we have not had that problem again. But I cannot assure you that the problem will be repeated in the future. 

I hope I've helped.

Regards.

• 1 month later...

Well, that ´s nice, I just clicked on many many links on github...but still didn´t find any solution as well till now for Presta 1.7.5 😞

Nobody found the solution for this "The email is already used, please choose another one or sign in" issue? Found module - but works probably only with PHP 5.x, not higher as 7.2 or so 😞

The module is here: https://www.prestachamps.com/en/home/68-forced-guest-checkout.html

If anybody found any solution, please share with us 🙂 Thank you!

On 3/13/2020 at 3:06 AM, mir69 said:

Well, that ´s nice, I just clicked on many many links on github...but still didn´t find any solution as well till now for Presta 1.7.5 😞

Nobody found the solution for this "The email is already used, please choose another one or sign in" issue? Found module - but works probably only with PHP 5.x, not higher as 7.2 or so 😞

The module is here: https://www.prestachamps.com/en/home/68-forced-guest-checkout.html

If anybody found any solution, please share with us 🙂 Thank you!

According to:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/10122#event-3091733365

The issue has been fixed as seen in version 1.7.6.3 [ and 1.7.7 ].

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Solution

Hello everyone

to stop multiple customer id / Guest id with same email  PRESTASHOP 1.6

Go in this file \publicHTML\classes\Customer.php

remplace variable $ignore_guest true to false in function parameters like this 

Lines 392-393 

// public static function customerExists($email, $return_id = false, $ignore_guest = true)
   public static function customerExists($email, $return_id = false, $ignore_guest = false)

Enjoy

Edited by digit09 (see edit history)