Where has the Stripe module gone?

@Xavier, does Prestashop have a position on someone else maintaining or re-selling the code base?  If so, I can take the last publicly released version and begin to maintain and resell on my site?

Hey Xavier,

Thanks for the response, do you know if the module will appear on the addons store / will be actively maintained, going forward?

Not on PrestaShop's end. Part of the anwser to that question goes with the answer to Bellini's question, below ;)

@Xavier, does Prestashop have a position on someone else maintaining or re-selling the code base?  If so, I can take the last publicly released version and begin to maintain and resell on my site?

Should a party have a position on that matter, it would be Stripe! And in my honest (and candid) opinion, the module is open-source and if the license it's published under doesn't forbid it, then you can fork the repo for you own use. It's a free module after all.

However, I wouldn't distribute a homemade Stripe module. Especially cause you'd be responsible for any after-sale support needed...

Bellini,

Both are opensource so I would not worry about it. Once it is released with that license there is really no going back from it. I think stripe would have little to say about it as well. 

What does the removal of the Stripe & PayPal modules likely mean for the future attractiveness of PrestaShop, relative to other ecommerce software?

By coincidence, I have been reviewing the suitability of PrestaShop, anticipating that we would offer both Stripe & PayPal payments...  so I was quite surprised in recent days when I could no longer see those modules...!  Do we need to look elsewhere?

Perhaps my list of available modules in PrestaShop is incomplete, but the free version of the PayPal module appears not to be available any more.

Instead, "PayPal Pro" is listed at the bargain price of £135-ish (US$200-ish).

The Stripe module was removed from the git repository on 2013-12-27 - with no official announcement. 

Why did this happen?

Hi I always download free modules and all updates and store them on my pc, I have the free stripe module and still use it, if any one wants it let me know as i will just make copies

Cheers!

Edited by basher29 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I always download free modules and all updates and store them on my pc, I have the free stripe module and still use it, if any one wants it let me know as i will just make copies

Cheers!

I would like it please! Thank you so much for the offer!

I have also released a refactored module, that fixes a number of issues (mobile theme, saving of credit cards, logging of events, updated Stripe libraries, etc).

It is available on my website, and soon and the addons store.  While using the last released free module is certainly viable, I believe you will find lack of support and non-functioning features.

HI, I am using 0.97 the module does work, however i am getting a google analytics error on the checkout page :

Warning: Division by zero in /home/public_html/modules/ganalytics/ganalytics.php on line 205

Bellini, does your module allow users to be charged in all currencies? Stripe now supports over 100 currencies as of feb 11th.

My module v2.0 currently still has the following restrictions, however I am working on a new v2.1 where I plan to remove the currency restrictions, and leave it up to the Merchant to decide which currencies they wish to allow in the "Modules > Payment" page.

public $limited_countries = array('us', 'ca', 'gb');
    public $limited_currencies = array('USD', 'CAD', 'GBP', 'EUR');

v0.9.7 will work, as long as you don't try to use the mobile theme, or expect the credit cards/customers to be stored within Stripe properly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I Just loaded ver 0.9.9 and am trying a test using there test card number but it keeps up There was a problem with your payment.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Mike

Solved this. Found a space in my ApiKey.

Edited by Wuffo (see edit history)

Is this working properly in prestashop 1.6 for anyone? I'm running in test mode and I kept getting "There was a problem with your payment"

Just wondering if there is something I didn't set properly, also I don't have ssl on my site yet (New site I'm putting together).

Edited by transient999 (see edit history)

I had Striped installed and running on PS1.5.6. During one of the updates it was uninstalled without warning. I only found out a month later when no activity on the account.

This is not acceptable to have modules removed during PS updates.

I am going to try the free module, i am using 0,97 that works with multiple currencies after a simple change in the backend tpl file.

Payments all work, however it throws a google analytic error.  If i disable the Ganalytics module, it works however no confirmation appears on the final page.

How does this free module compare the paid bellini version?

Thanks

My Stripe Reloaded module has implemented the following features over the original Stripe module.  Also note the original Stripe module is no longer supported by Prestashop/Stripe as their relationship has ended.

• Add support for PS v1.6
  • Refactored css, javascript and template files and moved to standard folder structures
  • Removed country and currency restrictions
  • Updated order confirmation message when the order status is pending to something more meaningfulThe module now captures the CC BIN and stores within the Stripe Charge object.  This is useful for integrating with Fraud services.
  • Enhanced to use Stripe.js v2 (upgraded from v1)
  • Enhanced to include Stripes latest PHP library version 1.11 (upgraded from v1.7.7)
  • Enhanced to support mobile theme and jquery mobile
  • Enhanced so that storing card information actually works, that card data is only stored within Stripe, and that customers can manage more than 1 card

The Stripe Reloaded module is fully tested and functional with PS 1.6.0.5

I sell the module on my website and xtendify, and it is currently pending the prestashop addons approval to be added to addons.prestashop.com

Once support for the free Stripe module ended, I took a copy of that module and enhanced it based on the changes above, and then released it as "reloaded".

Excellent!  Thanks for the feedback, let me know if you do encounter an issue.  Best to reach out to me via my website contacts form, for the quickest response.

• 3 weeks later...

The Stripe Reloaded (mine) is cheaper :)

Mine also supports PS v1.6 and includes refund capability from within the back office. 

I can't speak for the other module, as I have never used it and I did not develop or contribute to it.

FK stripe Presta shop and paypal.

I need the Module the only good thing I ever had free module in store payment method with out having customers live my site and now I have nothing. Stripe let Paypal put you down don't let the big corporate take you down pay the renewal contract fees of partner ship. Look Prestashop is a good source for free. here you can start your  gold min here. The same way Paypal did with ebay. now see who is  ruling. Two brains work better than one. I wish I had a brother to help me on my ventures but I don't so I need to hassle day after day to make a living. Hey if there is a Job position at Stripe I would like to work there as now I don't have a CC payment method and my store is not making sales.

Believe or not not many people don't like to use paypal as millions still don't know what Paypal is and they get confused at check out "payments standard" the Paypal pro module integration is to expensive. I see people don't understand the paypal standard check out. Customer would like to enter their CC  # and billing address and that set. 

If there is some one at stripe that can understand my thoughts I would like to help on creating a new selling platform were you make the sales and take the payments all in one support from the same source for end users and store owners. and don't be like other who always end or become monopolies. 

Any how hope my words make sense. I think stripe got replace by another company call bluePay or maybe stripe change their name to blue pay it will be better if they could call the company bluestripe, bluestripePayments.  Or maybe Prestashop create a new company to handle payments and transactions fees as well. I think I will try Blue Pay. But stripe was vEEEEEry simple to use.  Any how If any body has the stripe module Free. the original file release before it got removed. It will be nice to have if it works with PS.1.6.0.6