PrestaShop SEO URL Module

Pretty URLs module eliminates the unfavorable IDs and numbers from the URLs of your online store to make it user readable and search engine friendly. It beautifies the URLs of product pages, categories, and other CMS pages with the removal of the auto-generated IDs.

Functionality

The structure of a URL matters the most either you want your store to be ranked higher in search results or want the customers to trust the link they are about to visit, whereas the default settings of PrestaShop puts an additional code to each link which makes it an ugly URL.

The PrestaShop friendly url plugin is developed to address such issues as it cleans away the URLs from the bad looking IDs and numbers. It improves the link structure of your online shop to ensure better search engine visibility and allowing customers to easily scan the URL. Furthermore, this friendly url PrestaShop extension automatically sets redirections for send customers to the same pages regardless of the changes in links.

PrestaShop seo friendly url Module Price: €29

Download Link 1: https://www.fmemodules.com/en/49-pretty-urls.html

Download Link 2: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/url-redirects/16633-pretty-urls.html

Merchant benefits

With seo url PrestaShop extension, you can enjoy an enhanced exposure in search engine results pages, which means a higher amount of traffic and an increased conversion rate. Removing IDs from the URLs also helps you building customers’ trust on the links they visit.

Customer benefits

Your customers, who are reluctant to click links that carry numbers and IDs, can now visit product pages and categories without worrying for being spammed. A clean and pretty URL is trustworthy to visit and easily understandable for the customers.

Key Features

·         Remove IDs and numbers from the URLs of your online store

·         Avoid 404 (Page not found) errors with auto redirections

·         Highlight the conflicting or duplicate URLs of your online shop

·         The PrestaShop Pretty URL module supports multi-languages and multi-store configuration

·         Enhance SEO rankings of all your store pages

To learn more about this extension view

Front-end demo here: 

Back-end Demo here:

Take a Quick Survey:

We are conducting product surveys to improve our quality and manifest your demands into a product of your desire. Through this survey we can accomplish the standard and criteria ideal for your need.

Tell us what you think. Your voice counts:      Survey Link

Check Top 10 Tips for Structuring PrestaShop URLs [infographic]

Video Guide:

Our Customers Reviews:

josefino,

New module purchased and correctly installed in my new shop via support ticket.

Everything works fine B)

Hi all,

Finally all  issues had been fixed by the support team of pretty Url. The support was very fast and professional.

Thx

josefino,

Great job of FME Team at my shop.

Always have a solution to resolve any uncompatibility.

Thank you guys! B)

elsantu

This answer is for people thinking to use any FME module,

They solved me the uncompatibility between Pretty URL and Productcomments.

I have to say, allays I get any problem with their module, I receive the best support by FME. I have to give  *****  to FME support team.

Thanks for everything.

Screen Shots:

pretty-urls.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

See Video here

Edited by alastairbrian (see edit history)

I didn't know search engines have rules for ID #'s in the URL. Do you have a link to where I can read more about search engines and the effects of the ID # in the URL. Thank you!

As Far As the "#" is concerned Google does not consider anything beyond this character

For example

Prestashop.com/seo-guidlines/ #seopage

Google will not consider that URL for ranking as anything beyond # will be ignore however the remaining will be indexed as Prestashop.com/seo-guidlines

Then Why People Uses # in URLs

To tell the crawler about Ajax crawling - See the Guidelines here - https://developers.google.com/webmasters/ajax-crawling/docs/getting-started

IDs In URL

Google Recommends using Clean URL structure - https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/76329?hl=en

I do not know if this is a bug but addresses ending in / are not properly rewrited for the version without the /, as is the case for example in wordpress

myshop.pl/example/ is not the same as myshop.pl/example (store reports an error 404)

I noticed this problem in several of these modules and do not know if it has to be? Pretty URL from addons.presta.com module was not such a problem but is no longer available....i don know why.

Hello agland,

There is solution to it by adding few lines in .htacess file, But I would request you please generate ticket related to the issue here at support.fmemodules.com. This will allow the support and developement team to have look at the module as well as the website URL strucuture and implement the best solution that is if its a bug with the module it will be resolve and if its not the bug then we can surely use .htacess file to add trailing slash at the end of the URLs.

Hi I've got problem with your module, I also requested support via your ticket service but have not received any replies for 4 days after your initial response. My problem is very simple. In the backoffice seo & url preferences I removed {id} from the product url and categories. Once this has been done, the home page, cms page and contact us page does not work anymore. Just says product does not exist. For some reason without the ID they stop working, once I add them back it works again.

I'm using prestashop 1.6.0.5 - Can you tell me what the problem is or please reply to me via the support tickets?

Hi bteo, 

Hope you are doing great.

Please inbox me your ticket number. :)

Hi thanks its all fixed now

Hello,

I just submitted an emergency support ticket because my index page (and maybe other pages like the contact one) has been completely deleted since the installation of Pretty URLs. I need a quick solution please guys.

Regards,

Johann

That module looks great but he suddenly stopped working today. I'm waiting for support now.

Just bought 1.0 version on prestashop addons. However, when installed on prestashop 1.6.0.9 it forces categry links to non ssl (http) mode and therefore cannot support https website. Was this issue addressed in 1.2?

it can be fixed by editing /modules/prettyurls/override/classes/Link.php:

On line 40, change from:

$url = 'http://'.$shop->domain.$shop->getBaseURI().$this->getLangLink($id_lang, null, $id_shop);

to:

$url = $this->getBaseLink($id_shop).$this->getLangLink($id_lang, null, $id_shop);

On line 257, change from:

$url = 'http://'.$shop->domain.$shop->getBaseURI().$this->getLangLink($id_lang, null, $id_shop);

to:

$url = $this->getBaseLink($id_shop).$this->getLangLink($id_lang, null, $id_shop);

On line 306, change from:

to:

Then reinstall the module and clear the cache on performance page in BO.

Just bought 1.0 version on prestashop addons. However, when installed on prestashop 1.6.0.9 it forces categry links to non ssl (http) mode and therefore cannot support https website. Was this issue addressed in 1.2?

Thank you for choosing "FMEModules" as your Prestashop Module and Theme provider. Apologies that you are facing issue please generate a ticket at http://support.fmemodules.com/ and our support team will catch you soon. :)

The problem of compatibility with module from Presto-changeo: Product accessories V1.5

Description: Product accessories block not show after activate module Pretty URLs (fmmseourl)

PS ver: 1.5.4.1

Solved:

Product accessories get product ID from GET variable, but Pretty URLs module put product ID to POST variable. No ID - no block.

I add new line to file: /override/controllers/front/ProductController.php

if($id_product != ""){
                $_POST['id_product'] = $id_product;
                $_GET['product_rewrite'] = '';
}

To:

if($id_product != ""){
                $_POST['id_product'] = $id_product;
                $_GET['id_product'] = $id_product;
                $_GET['product_rewrite'] = '';
}

This is lite way.

But I think that the error in the mechanism of geting the ID in Product accessories module.

Edited by Cvalya (see edit history)

Hey, I have a friend that is having an issue with your module. I referred him to contact you about the module since you guys know it better than I and he paid you for it. But the responses I have seen are rude. 

The pagination in the manufacturers section is not working. You are loading the routes wrong. 

Also looking at the comments in the module, it looks like you have just copied the module from here, http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/204935-override-friendly-urls-without-id-number-for-v15/   and added a license so that you can sell it. 

Can you get this fixed?

Is your module supports moduleRoutes functionality or it's just yet another not properly created module for clean URL rewriting?

Edit: oh, if it's based on this module from github problem with moduleRoutes appears also on your module, oh come on! everybody doesn't g.a.s about default PrestaShop mechanism?

Edited by Krystian Podemski (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It is based on that module, http://screencast.com/t/0xOQCnwUz  compare those two comments with https://github.com/Ha99y/prestashopCleanURLs/blob/master/PS15/override/classes/Dispatcher.php  175 and 183. The module has been extended a little bit, but I am thinking the reason support is bad is because they don't understand the module completely. 

Hey, I have a friend that is having an issue with your module. I referred him to contact you about the module since you guys know it better than I and he paid you for it. But the responses I have seen are rude. 

The pagination in the manufacturers section is not working. You are loading the routes wrong. 

Also looking at the comments in the module, it looks like you have just copied the module from here, http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/204935-override-friendly-urls-without-id-number-for-v15/   and added a license so that you can sell it. 

Can you get this fixed?

Apologies that your friend is facing issues.

In order for us to resolve the issue and get you going please log a ticket on our Support Center and a technical team member will assist you right away. If you have already opened a ticket then please inbox me your ticket number, I will have look at it and update you accordingly.

This is his ticket id, 934531

Your ticket has been replied yesterday, I have inboxed you the skype id of the support team as well.  You can add him for further discussion.

Ok, I added the id 20 over minutes ago. Still waiting for someone to accept it. 

For the ticket reply yesterday this is what was said

"Can you use/install prestashop default brand or any third party module for brand" 

The issue has to do with the manufacturers page, not a module. It is the way that you are routing things. It is not a module, but yes, it does not work with the default theme. 

So where are we on this. I want to get this put to bed. Are you going to accept the skype request? Are you going to give support?

So where are we on this. I want to get this put to bed. Are you going to accept the skype request? Are you going to give support?

A developer will be in touch with you within next 12 hours, Please corporate with us and thank you for showing patience!

Well it seems Dh42 hasn't had a reply in the 12 hrs as mentioned above, as for me Alastair did try and contact me via Skype, but I was busy but like he mentioned already he's not "support" so I haven't been replied to either in the past 24 hrs or so.. It's went silent, so what's happening, is this getting fixed ? I have a website that I can't advertise as no one can browse the brands correctly!

Edited by streetwear (see edit history)

A developer was never in touch, this module is unsupported, do not buy it. 

@DH42, apologies for inconvenience, as told before, we process all of our support requests through support.fmemodules.com, since we have too many support requests so every request is queued up in order to resolve in a justified manner. We have to reply to all of our member requests, so a little bit delay can occur and is natural. You can view reviews about FMEMOdules on our site as well as other places. You can ask our customers about our services. Here are couple in this snapshot;

support.png

@maximo88, do you have any evidence to provide? The module is available on addons marketplace and we have 100+ downloads in a very quick time. 

FMEModules is a big ecommerce brand that does not work in PrestaShop alone, the company has been developing ecommece solutions for years in Magento, WP and other platforms as well. Please understand that we have to equally treat  all our community members so be neutral and try to see positive aspects. 

The module just doesn't work. My client used your support several times, you couldn't fix the module to work with the manufacturers, we ended up having to do it. 

@DH42, send us ticket numbers and i will provide the followup, many times our support team has requested information from customers but they do not provide it. Reason being they dont check ticket status. Please send over ticket numbers and i will see what is going on, i assure you the best possible support.

Many Thanks, 

The module was actually charged back a couple of months ago. 

Hi all

I bought this module, Pretty utl, yesterday and I instaled, I changed de product url into SEO+URL and voialá, all ok, url without ids. My issue is that our blog not work, is a Smartblog module

If producto route is: {id}-{category:/}{rewrite}.html blog work but

if product route is: {category:/}{rewrite}.html blog no work...

Anybody can i help me?

Hi guelu,

Thank you for choosing "FMEModules" as your Prestashop Module and Theme provider. Apologies that you are facing issues.

In order for us to resolve the issue and get you going please log a ticket at our Support Center and a technical team member will assist you right away.

Go To: http://support.fmemodules.com

Regards,

Hi alastairbrian,

I log a ticket and I'm waitting for a solution.

Now I see than the module works half... for example:

if I see a category urg : http://naturaonline.es/exfoliantes there arent ids

But if I do click into a product of this category the ids are show!!, example:

http://naturaonline.es/32-exfoliantes/gel-exfoliante-grains-lumiere.html

I don't know if this is normal?!

thx

Hi guelu,

We are personally checking your issue, and coordinating with our support team to resolve it as soon as possible. Please hold on, we will inform you regarding this issue very soon. Thank for showing patience :)

Hello @guelu,  

According to our support team, they had initially requested you some information which they had received, they are now working on resolving your problem on priority. We will let you as soon as it is resolved.

Thank you for cooperation.

Pretty URLs 1.4.0 version has been released, Bugs fixed regarding installation in PrestaShop 1.6.12, 1.6.13, 1.6.14 also now product URL can be both with ".html" or without.

Also Redirects from old URLs To new Pretty URLs made better to avoid 404 errors in Google Analytics. Some performance enhancing parameters are also added.

Hi all,

Finally all  issues had been fixed by the support team of pretty Url. The support was very fast and profesional.

Thx

• Like 1

Please confirm that it works with 1.6.0.14

Thanks.

Hi slm,

Hope you will be fine :)

Yes Pretty uls module works perfect on PrestaShop version 1.6.0.14 :) 

Following improvement and Changes has been made on this module

• .html issue fixed in products URLs
  • Forward slash issues are fixed in category URLs
  • Compatibility for SSL URLs added
  • Compatibility for LeoBlog and SimpleBlog added
  • Compatibility for Belvg call me added
  • Cache issues are fixed upon installation of this module

FME's PrestaShop Pretty URLs ver-1.6.0 has been released. Compatibility for ST Blog is added also better compatibility for non-familiar blogs is also added.

Few Minor bugs are also fixed for better usage. :)

I alse have some issue  after istalation this module.

and when you press add to cart customer getting error:

Impossible to add the product to the cart.
textStatus: 'error'
errorThrown: 'Not Found'
responseText:

any solution??

Edited by zabamich (see edit history)

Hi zabamich,

Thank you for the purchase and sorry to hear that you are having this issue with our module.

Please download the latest package from our website and then let us know.

Hi, I am using your module since prestashop 1.6.0.9, now I am using 1.6.1.1 after two upgrades, first to 1.6.0.14 and yesterday to 1.6.1.1, but the native module of Prestashop "Customer comments", don´t work with your fmm module, at least in my site.

All other modules and everithing are working corrctly.

I am using now your module 1.6.0, each time I try to access Products Comments I get an error, white screen.

I I uninstall your module it works.

Would you mind to tell me something about that ?

Hi,

I have use a ticket for this issue, but I would like to share my problem in this thread for other people:

In my ticket to FMI, I wrote:

I take this thread to get an open consultation on an incompatibility I just saw between your module and the module of Prestashop productcomments.

For some time, particularly since I upgraded from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.14, I had a Prestashop module that did not work, PRODUCTCOMMENTS, but I blamed this to upgrade and when I saw this problem could not return back. Within this upgrade I also upgrade your module to 1.6.0

Few days ago, I upgraded from 1.6.0.14 to 1.6.1.1, it seemed that everything worked fine but yesterday eventually had to turn back because some problems with the shopping cart.

But during this upgrade, I noticed that with the Pretty URL module uninstalled, the module Productcomments worked fine, and when installed and activated Pretty URL the module Productcomments stopped working and we could not access it.

I think there is a mismatch between modules Pretty URL and the Prestashop module Productcomments.

What I see from the control panel:

With pretty URL on, I can not access the module Productcomments, I have the error:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /xxx//classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 185

Fatal error: Call to a member function isLogged () on a non-object in /xxx//classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 351

With your module uninstalled I can access Productcomments without any problem.

Would you mind to tell me something about that?

This answer is for people thinking to use any FME module,

They solved me the uncompatibility between Pretty URL and Productcomments.

I have to say, allways I get any problem with their module, I receive the best support by FME. I have to give  *****  to FME support team.

Thanks for everything.

• Like 2

Hello FME,

I am going to submit a ticket through the link, as I bought & installed the module last week, somew things have "moved" and I need your assistance.

Thank you.

Great job of FME Team at my shop.

Always have a solution to resolve any uncompatibility.

Thank you guys! B)

• Like 1

Hey, I have a problem with this module, since I activate it, AdvanceSearch 4 does not working, it made an 404 error on the request when I clicked on a filter.

How I can resolve that ?

Hi,

Please help i have requestet several support tickets over your website yesterday and today but do not get any confirmation emails with the ticket number on any of them.

Also no reply on any of my tickets so far...    Maybe they are lost somewhere in tour system or you are using a bad email server that hotmail sees as spam

Hello robotzki,

Thank you for purchasing our PrestaShop Pretty URLs module. I am Sorry to hear that you are having issues in it.

Please check PM.

Regards,

Alastair Brian

FME's PrestaShop seo friendly module new version 1.7.0 has been released!

Following Changes and new features has been added:

• Compatibility with FMEModues blog and ST blog added
  • New feature has been added, which is showing duplicate URLs conflicts
  • Minor bugs removed and Fixed

For more details see live demo here:

Hi,

I use prestashop v1.6.1.2 and simple blog (blog for prestaShop v1.5.0).
The problems, I can't load detailed post and the comments after installing FME pretty urls 1.7.0.
The blog modules running well after Pretty URLs modules uninstalled.

I've send a ticket but there are no response for a few days
Please fix this bug and inform me the solution.

Thanks

Hi @jaka2tang,

Thank you for purchasing our module and sorry to hear that you are having this issue in our pretty URLs module.

Please check PM.

Regards,

New module purchased and correctly installed in my new shop via support ticket.

Everything works fine B)

• Like 1

Hello josefino,

Thank you for the second purchase of our PrestaShop pretty URLs module and thank you for your feedback :)

Regards,

Hi, i have several modules which i want to have pretty url i.e. shop.com/module/allproducts/productslist to have shop.com/products . In SEO & URLS I have added friendly url, but when your module (pretty url) is turned on, it links me to 404 page. When it's turned off, it routes ok

Hi @Sidabras,

Thank you for purchasing our module and sorry to hear that you are having issue in our pretty URLs module.

Please check PM.

Regards,

Hello, I have some problem with Pretty urls addon: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/url-redirects/16633-pretty-urls.html 

After installation everything is ok with categories/product links (without ids) but rigth now I cant't finalize transactions via Sofortueberweisung: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/bank-transfer-payment/9176-sofortbanking.html

When the addon is active I see 404 error page, but when I turn off pretty urls addon and uninstall everything is fine and Sofortueberweisung payemt works fine.
Could you tell me where is the problem? and what can I do?

Thank you

Alexandra

Edited by mystxxx (see edit history)

Hi.

PS version: 1.6.1.4

Module version: 1.8.0

After install i cant get access to "Performance" page in BO. Open Dashboard page.

July is the month of open suggestions where we will take your feedback, suggestions and add top ones in our module. Feel free to suggest more features that you would like to have in this pretty urls module. 

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Pretty URLs 2.0.0 released in which:

• Compatibility for PS 1.7.0 added
  • Compatibility for Advance CMS Module by Silbersaiten added
  • Compatibility for Form Maker Module by Silbersaiten added
  • Compatibility for Gallerique Image Gallery Module by Silbersaiten added

Pretty URLs 2.0.0 released in which:

• Compatibility for PS 1.7.0 added
  • Compatibility for Advance CMS Module by Silbersaiten added
  • Compatibility for Form Maker Module by Silbersaiten added
  • Compatibility for Gallerique Image Gallery Module by Silbersaiten added

I have many problems because of the module, I don't know as to solve them, help please. I have bought your module addons.prestashop.

1. doesn't work at the page of the manufacturer  "sort by"

2. I have a problem with/.

For example, the homepage of the website and the page of category work as it is necessary both with / and without / when I gather for example: site. com/goes a redirect on site. com (/cleans up), also work pages of categories. But there is a problem with pages of producers: the homepage with all producers is available to two addresses: site. com/manufacturers and so site. com/manufacturers/(the redirect does not work). Also there is a problem with each producer separately:

site. com/manufacturers/one - works, site. com/manufacturers/one/does not work.

3. Also there is a problem with payment modules: at payment there is a mistake 404 (the page is not found).

Please help me!

sorry for my English.

Please let me know that do you have purchased our pretty urls module and want to remove the IDs of countries?

If you are asking in general, you can do it by following way;

1. Open your PrestaShop admin panel and navigate to Localization > Languages. Check the checkboxes next to each language, which you won’t be using. Click Bulk actions button and select Disable selection option:
  2. PrestaShop-1.6.x.-How-to-remove-language
  3. Now your website URL doesn’t have language specification – /en:

Hello alastairbrian

I do not purchased any module from you.

Want to know if with any of your module is possible remove the id country, for a multilanguage store?

The general option dont solve my problem, because disable option will disable the languages too.

Ty

Rita

No such module can remove the ID country. It is not feasible to implement because removing the country IDs will cause problems for other functions of store. 

Hello,

I have purchased your module and get a problem of error 500 on all the products.

I cannot open any products.

I tried to uninstall your module, cannot uninstall, always fail to uninstall.

I deactivated your module and re-entered the ID in the SEO config and now my site is working back.

2) I cannot open a ticket on your site because your capcha verification is broken, cannot see it.

Please help.

Thank you

post-253647-0-85352200-1500730113_thumb.jpg

Edited by laurent0071 (see edit history)

I have 3 issues :

1) Click on any product will create error 500

2) Impossible to use the module Product comments, 

3) Hipay module is not working - I guess because of the CMS validation link from Hipay that cannot communicate properly

post-253647-0-36824800-1500743623_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear that you are facing issues in using Pretty URLs Module. I have sent you the further instructions by PM. Please check and reply.

How fust you respond on new ticket  on your web site, i have issue with pretty url  and one of my module. im waiting 3 days to response and still nothing. :(. My issue is with blog module after update to latest version of your module from old version 1.6.  i made update to solve other module issue. can you help me please?

Edited by zabamich (see edit history)

Przed chwilą, alastairbrian napisał:

We usually respond within 1 working day. Share your ticket no. so I can escalate it from here.

thanks my ticket number is : 613561

Dnia 6.06.2018 o 9:25 AM, zabamich napisał:

thanks my ticket number is : 613561

Thanks for the asnwer, but now im waitig 3 weeks sfor your support, boecosue your team was busy, and they anwered me to wait about 1 week for suport.  now is 3 weeks gone i send info on the opened ticked , and what no reaction!!! im here from you only if i need faster responde im should pay 35 euro for extra suppor.

Great team, thanks a lot,