using dreamweaver to edit a site

Hi

I was wondering if it was possible to make alterations to my prestshop using dreamweaver.

I would prefer to use the FTP interface in dreamweaver and think that the ability to work in a 'split screen' CSS code view & template view would be ideal.

Useful to update the css and to make changes to images and headings.

When I have looked at this I have found my 'index' file to be a security file which does not open an expected home page in dreamweaver. It says see download info for 'how to edit'. In the download info I find no help to use dreamweaver. I have an addon template responsive site.

I have asked the question to the addons team, but the response was not so helpful with no advice at all regarding dreamweaver. In fact the response was somewhat 'scripted' and not what I had hoped for.

So, can anyone tell me how to work with my shop in this way? I have  prestashop 5.4.1.0 and as yet my site is not live.

Thanks

Malcolm

• 1 month later...

This is not true i managed one time before to edir prestashop store only with dreamweaver creating a local folder

i was getting files from remote server editing them locally than putting them again to remote server.

I ve done this in my first steps with prestashop  afew years ago but now i am trying to repeat the process but still no luck.