[resolved] - told to ask on forum ... continuing mail alerts problem

Mail alerts module was installed and in the FO customer account when clicking on mail alerts link I get:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When I uninstall the mail alerts module in the BO I get an error saying:
The following module(s) were not installed successfully:
mailalerts

And the mail alerts module still shows it is installed until I refresh the page. I still get the pink error message after refreshing the browser page but the mail alerts module shows it is now uninstalled.

I install the mail alerts module again and still get the same errors as above.

I uninstall and install the mail alerts module again and still get the same errors as above.

Comments :
Change file permission/CHMOD of the “modules/mailalerts/” directory to 0755.

I had this same problem and doing this fixed it for me

By MJ on 27 Sep 2009 at 22:12 (UTC+1)

Using 755 I get a blank center and right column section after clicking the mail alerts link. Either way it doesn’t work.

By Melinda on 28 Sep 2009 at 09:12 (UTC+1)

Module/server configuration problem, not a bug, please ask on forum.

By Philippe Sang on 06 Oct 2009 at 07:03 (UTC+1)

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding. I don't see Maps in prestashop. What files are you referring to, prestashop files or something else?

I have kernel drivers with a maps folder:
/lib/modules/2.6.18-164.el5/kernel/drivers/mtd/maps

Yes so these should be 755 instead of 777?

I just changed these recursively like the wiki says to chmod -R 755 instead of 777 and still get the same errors:

Warning: require_once(/home/stitched/public_html/config/../classes/MailAlerts.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/stitched/public_html/config/config.inc.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/stitched/public_html/config/../classes/MailAlerts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/stitched/public_html/config/config.inc.php on line 15

There is no class called MailAlerts.php.

You know I have basically done this on the next 4 stores that I installed and still have the same problem but will try it on another store not live yet.

If there is no class file called MailAlerts.php then why would this upload work?

This is what is happening ...

If I set the img, mails, modules, etc to -R 777 I get the server configuration error.

If I set them to -R 755 I get this error:

Warning: require_once(/home/giftsbym/public_html/presta/config/../classes/MailAlerts.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/giftsbym/public_html/presta/config/config.inc.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/giftsbym/public_html/presta/config/../classes/MailAlerts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/giftsbym/public_html/presta/config/config.inc.php on line 15

This store has a blank .htaccess file in the root of it.
www.giftsbymisspriss.com/presta/

Ok I have done exactly as you said and deleted all files and re-uploaded all files including a blank .htaccess file and am still getting this error.

Warning: require_once(/home/giftsbym/public_html/presta/config/../classes/MailAlerts.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/giftsbym/public_html/presta/config/config.inc.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/giftsbym/public_html/presta/config/../classes/MailAlerts.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/giftsbym/public_html/presta/config/config.inc.php on line 15

This is line 15 in the config.inc.php file:

require_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/../classes/'.$className.'.php');

The last permissions were 755 before deleting all files and re-uploading.

Now what?

It clearly says there is no MailAlerts.php file which is correct. I tried in safari, mozilla, and opera and all 3 gave the same error.

Feel free to create an account and see the error.
http://www.giftsbymisspriss.com/presta/

Thanks.

same error ... I just changed to the default one.

same errors. I don't have ssl on the other sites and I didn't have it on this one until yesterday so it is the same.

Also, there is no information in the error logs for this domain in her cpanel space so I'm totally lost here.

Thanks for trying! I have to keep the code commented out in the my-account.tpl file in the mailalerts folder because this error is on every prestashop I install.

Maybe one of the developers will read this and comment.

Here are the permissions and ownerships of the mailalerts folder on the server:

-rw-r--r--  1 giftsbym giftsbym    44 Oct  6 10:18 en.php
-rw-r--r--  1 giftsbym giftsbym  4333 Oct  6 12:55 error_log
-rw-r--r--  1 giftsbym giftsbym  3972 Oct  6 10:18 fr.php
drwxr-xr-x  2 giftsbym giftsbym  4096 Oct  6 10:18 img/
-rw-r--r--  1 giftsbym giftsbym   792 Oct  6 10:18 logo.gif
-rw-r--r--  1 giftsbym giftsbym  1184 Oct  6 10:18 mailalerts-ajax_add.php
-rw-r--r--  1 giftsbym giftsbym   557 Oct  6 10:18 mailalerts-ajax_check.php
-rw-r--r--  1 giftsbym giftsbym 19943 Oct  6 10:18 mailalerts.php
drwxr-xr-x  4 giftsbym giftsbym  4096 Oct  6 10:18 mails/
-rw-r--r--  1 giftsbym giftsbym   403 Oct  6 10:18 my-account.tpl
-rw-r--r--  1 giftsbym giftsbym  1004 Oct  6 10:18 myalerts.php
-rw-r--r--  1 giftsbym giftsbym  2252 Oct  6 10:18 myalerts.tpl
-rw-r--r--  1 giftsbym giftsbym  1696 Oct  6 10:18 product.tpl

There are no listings like posted in myalerts.php file.

There is a file called mailalerts-ajax_check.php that has the following:

include(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../config/config.inc.php');
include(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../init.php');
include(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../modules/mailalerts/mailalerts.php');

If everyone else is having the same problem as myself then why would Phillipe cancel my bug report and say it was a server configuration?

• 1 month later...

Can samebody help me?

When order its finished last page is

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please help me

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Can u please help me !

I have insert the following line in myalerts.php:

include(dirname(__FILE__).'/../../modules/mailalerts/mailalerts.php');

BUT NO NEW ALERTS ARE SHOWN WHEN I CLICK ON 'MY ALERTS' LINK IN FRONT OFFICE

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO ???