Jump to content

[Solved] Mailalerts module ver. 2.8 not working in 1.5.6.1


Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I am working on two shops for customers where the mailalert module is not working, the shopowners do not receive an email when a new order is placed. The emails to the customers work fine.

 

I have found other posts about this issue but one is marked as solved and the other is mixed with different issues. So to keep it simple and clear, I am making a new post.

 

One shop was version 1.5.6.0 where mailalerts was working. The shop was upgraded to fix some other issues and now mailalerts are not working anymore.

 

The other shop is a fresh install of version 1.5.6.1 - no emails are received when there is a new order.

 

I have tried everything mentioned in these posts:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/280410-prestashop-156-problem-mail-alerts/

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/280613-solved-upgraded-to-156-and-every-email-sent-malformed-recipient-address/

 

Both shops now have the 2.8 version of the module and the modified Mail.php

 

I have also found this on the Bug tracker: http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-1944 the bug report links to this fixed version: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules/tree/master/mailalerts, but there is no way to download the fixed module?

 

Can someone help with a proper fix for this bug?

 

 

Edited by Prestafan1234 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Update: In the newest shop (1.5.6.1) there seems to be a new update feature that allows you to update modules directly from the BO. It says that the Mailalert module is out at addons.prestashop.com in a version 3.2 (so 5 versions has been updated since the bug described above?!)

 

When I look at Addons, the module is nowhere to be found, so I am wondering if this is an official release that fixes the bug. Can someone with PrestaShop version 1.5.6.2 check their version of the mailalerts module and confirm if it works with new orders?

Edited by Prestafan1234 (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version is 3.2. It works fine.

 

Try overwriting the maillalert.php with this >

 

https://raw.github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules/master/mailalerts/MailAlert.php

 

or here is full module on page 4 on link you posted

 

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/280410-prestashop-156-problem-mail-alerts/page-4

Edited by indus (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why wait, you can just use any of your email addresses likegmail or hotmail etc and test with a dummy order on the store isnt it?

I know, but it is a live shop and I didn't want to bother the shop owner with more tests. But I have now found out that it is not working in that shop either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem solved - thanks a lot to Emillien Puget. It turned out that there was an error in the Mail.php (this file was replaced while going through some of the steps to solve the problem - see links in original post).

 

Using this: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-1.5/blob/master/classes/Mail.php

 

in combination with the module in version 3.2 has fixed the bug :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Cookies ensure the smooth running of our services. Using these, you accept the use of cookies. Learn More