Dh42

[MODULE] Free Optimizely module for A / B testing on your Prestashop store

Hey, I would like to let everyone know that I wrote a FREE module that you can use with Optimizely for A / B or multivariate testing. It is one of the best ways to increase your conversions you should check it out. The module works with 1.5x and 1.6x.

A link to the blog post about the Optimizely module

Direct link to the module download

• Like 2

Yeah, I tested it on the 1.6x beta's. It uses a pretty simple code base that will transfer over to 1.6. 

It works with all versions of 1.5, so yes. 

• Like 1

I don't see how you can create A/B split testing. I was hoping I can create two version of product pages.

That is A/B split testing. 

What am I supposed to do with this module?

• Like 1

Hi,

now he module aren't downloadable,

could you let us know if it's available also for prestashop 1.6.x and update a new link?

I case I could help you to implement the module.

Best Regards

Nicola

Hi experts!

To make A/B (split) testing 2 or more versions is needed. Depending on the test the different version can be in the .php, .tpl or .css. files.

Can anyone please explain how these different versions is created in practice. E.g. if I want to make some changes to the global.css, how can I create a version #1 and a version #2. By default Prestashop will only load the "global.css" so I do not understand how I can get it to load a "global1.css" or "global2.css"

I might have misunderstood something since everyone is talking about A/B testing but none is talking about how to actually create/load the different versions.

Any help on how to create the different versions in prestashop (where content is generated by php) is much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by MacMaster (see edit history)