Solved : adapting the vertical menu

pat123

The vertical menu has section where you can put all suppliers and a section where you can put all manufacturers. these words are also links to a page where all suppliers or manufacturers are listed.

These names  are not good for the shoppurpose, because its a wine-selling shop.

So suplier should be wine-builder and manufacturer wine-region. simple because a wine is produced by a wine-builder in a specific wine-region. (not a suplier and a manufacterer)

Also in the list-page tot which the links refer you can read (something like) x products fount from supplier Y, so here also the word suplier should change.

Where to do this? adapting a file ?

Tx

Edited by pat123 (see edit history)

Hello,

To change in the home page, You should open the tpl file of blockmanufacturer and blocksupplier module. You will get these tpl file in

YOUR_ROOT_DIR/themes/YOUR_THEME/modules/blockmanufacturer and
YOUR_ROOT_DIR/themes/YOUR_THEME/modules/blocksupplier

If the files are missing there you can find it in YOUR_ROOT_DIR/modules/blockmanufacturer and YOUR_ROOT_DIR/modules/blocksupplier

Now open these tpl files in a text editor

and change some code like {s='Manufacturer' .....} to {s='YOUR_DESIRE_TEXT'} and  {s='Supplier' .....} to {s='YOUR_DESIRE_TEXT'}

and save it. Now clear the smarty cache and reload your home page you will see the change.

For changing in the supplier and manufacturer pages open supplier.tpl and manufacturer.tpl file which you will get YOUR_ROOT_DIR/themes/YOUR_THEME/

And changes the text where you want to.

Thanks,

:)

Thanks I will try this.

What do you mean by clearing the smarty cache 

Are these files different by language ? (my site is in dutch )

in file supplier.tpl I see this line ((f.e.) :

'List of products by supplier' so i can change that to 'List of products by wijnbouwer"

Thanks I will try this.

What do you mean by clearing the smarty cache 

Are these files different by language ? (my site is in dutch )

in file supplier.tpl I see this line ((f.e.) :

'List of products by supplier' so i can change that to 'List of products by wijnbouwer"

I have tried this. Gives not the wanted result.

Can I include some screenshots in the forum or can I contact you directly through email.

These screenshots will be a great help to this topic

Tx

Let's go

remark : the site is in Dutch, so suppliers are "leveranciers" and manufacterers are "fabrikanten"

The purpose is everywhere the term "fabrikanten" to change to "wijnstreken"and the term "fabrikanten" to "wijnbouuwers"

now have a look at the homeview-attach : here "fabrikanten" and "leveranciers"-terms aren't changed. so where to do it and can I delete somewhere the dropdown-field ?

now the fabrikant-list attach :all is O.K except "er is 1 fabrikant" should be deleted.

the leverancier-list attach : the headeder (> leverancier is wrong) (should be > Wijnbouwer )although the same changes in manufacter-listr.tpl are done in supplier-list.tpl :

(supplier-list.tpl)

{capture name=path}{l s='Wijnbouwers:'}{/capture}
{include file="$tpl_dir./breadcrumb.tpl"}

<h1>{l s='Wijnbouwers:'}</h1>

(manufacter-list.tpl)

{capture name=path}{l s='Wijnstreek:'}{/capture}

<h1>{l s='Wijnstreken:'}</h1>

although same changes are done , the result is different (Capture-change does not work for supplier-lst.tpl (strange?) and the line "er is 1 leverancier" should be gone

The changes I made to suppplier.tpl and manufacterer.tpl can be found in the attachments supplietrchange and manufactererchange.

Basicly I changed Always the string s=supplier to s=Mytext

Thanks for the help you can offer me

When I tried to attach the files I get :

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

But here is the link to imgur : http://imgur.com/a/sOXZh

Edited by pat123 (see edit history)

Let's go

remark : the site is in Dutch, so suppliers are "leveranciers" and manufacterers are "fabrikanten"

The purpose is everywhere the term "fabrikanten" to change to "wijnstreken"and the term "fabrikanten" to "wijnbouuwers"

now have a look at the homeview-attach : here "fabrikanten" and "leveranciers"-terms aren't changed. so where to do it and can I delete somewhere the dropdown-field ?

now the fabrikant-list attach :all is O.K except "er is 1 fabrikant" should be deleted.

the leverancier-list attach : the headeder (> leverancier is wrong) (should be > Wijnbouwer )although the same changes in manufacter-listr.tpl are done in supplier-list.tpl :

(supplier-list.tpl)

{capture name=path}{l s='Wijnbouwers:'}{/capture}

<h1>{l s='Wijnbouwers:'}</h1>

(manufacter-list.tpl)

{capture name=path}{l s='Wijnstreek:'}{/capture}

<h1>{l s='Wijnstreken:'}</h1>

although same changes are done , the result is different (Capture-change does not work for supplier-lst.tpl (strange?) and the line "er is 1 leverancier" should be gone

The changes I made to suppplier.tpl and manufacterer.tpl can be found in the attachments supplietrchange and manufactererchange.

Basicly I changed Always the string s=supplier to s=Mytext

Thanks for the help you can offer me

When I tried to attach the files I get :

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

But here is the link to imgur : http://imgur.com/a/sOXZh

This to say that all is fixed exept the hompepage and the dropdown-list on the homepage

Where to delete trhe dropdown-liist of "fabrikanten""leveranciers"

Where to adapt the homepage, so it displays Wijnstreek and Wijnbouwers

if you're talking about TOP MENU go to localization > translations 

from first dropdown select installed modules translations, then click on flag

you will be able to translate these texts there (manufacturer, supplier) for block top menu module

Do you allready have a solution ?

Here nis my url : http://test.italiaansewijnkopen.be/index.php

Found where to change for the homepage

fabrikantbblok-configuatie-klik onderaan op de vlag bij "beheer vertaling" en verander fabrikanten in module blockmanfacturer

idem voor leveranciers (module blocktopmenu,module blocksupplier)

drop-downlist : optie in de corresponderende module : uitklapmenu