[Solved] Cash on Delivery COD Module Not Directing to Confirmation

Hi,

Once you get the Cash on Delivery (COD) module for 1.5.6.1 working by doing the following, it redirects to order history, not order-confirmation:

----------------------

/www/modules/cashondelivery/controllers/front/validation.php on line 33

Line 32 has: public $ssl = true;

Line 33 has: <<<<<<< HEAD

Line 34 has: =======

Line 35 has: public $display_column_left = false;

Line 36 has: >>>>>>> 8e0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      I replaced the real numbers with xxxx..

I commented lines 33, 34, and 36 out and then I had an issue with line  74 and on as it is the same as lines 33 through to 36 so I commented them out except 75 (public $display_column_left = false;).

----------------------

Without the above hacking, the module redirects to a blank order-confirmation page, so it is required.

I find that on completion instead of redirecting to "order-confirmation" where the other payment modules redirect to and where I have code that needs to be implemented on successfully orders, the module redirects to order history.

As far as I can see, the following form the modules validation page is the redirect:

---------------------

Tools::redirect('index.php?controller=order-confirmation&id_cart='.(int)($cart->id).'&id_module='.(int)$cashondelivery->id.'&id_order='.$cashondelivery->currentOrder.'&key='.$customer->secure_key);

---------------------

Is this module meant to redirect to order history and not order-confirmation?

If so, what do we modify to redirect to order-confirmation or if it is miss behaving, what is the issue?

Thanks

Solved:

I replaced the Cash on Delivery validation file with a freshly downloaded file. For some reason it works after that.

Edited by IeM (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

Hi ieM,

I encounter the same issue. You mentioned that you replaced the Cash on Delivery validation file with a freshly downloaded file. Please advise where to download the file?

I am using 1.6.1.0 and Cash on Delivery v0.7.5

Looking forward to your soonest reply.

Thank you in advance.