prestashop and duplicatet meta description

lucifer1976

I also have this problem. There are some solutions posted on this forum which adds the page number to the meta title and description of each page, so that these are not seen as duplicates.

Here is one such solution: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/220834-duplicated-meta-descriptions-in-webmaster-tools/?do=findComment&comment=1096619

This did not work for me however.

I'm not even sure if this is the best solution, in SEO terms. Because the category description will be duplicated on each page, which probably isn't very interesting for Google to index more than once.

Can anyone tell us if there is any benefit SEO benefits to indexing every page in a category? If so can you offer a way to achieve it?

Thanks for any ideas

Edited by mowax (see edit history)

and there is another solution. You can go to webmaster tools -> Crawl -> URL Parameters -> Configure URL parameters, then find the 'p' parameter, and click on 'Edit'. Here, you can choose whether google crawls pages with this parameter. If you choose No, the pages will not be indexed and there won't be any duplicated meta tags.

But which is the best solution for SEO?? :blink:

Please share your thoughts, anyone