Cannot Edit Product [Save or Save and Stay] not work

Hello friends, i have real serious problem i cannot edit product description, or price or feature.

I can create new product, but can't edit

My website www.destinysound.com

i use prestashop 1.5.4.1

I Try to clear smarty cache, and regenerates .htaccess, work for once, i can edit and save, but if i try for the second edit and i click "Save or Save and Stay", the problems appear, i will be redirect to "Catalog > Products" nothing edited, nothing change.

What annoying problem, any suggestion guys??

Edited by gulaly (see edit history)
  • Sad 1

This is my defines.inc.php

No error reporting appear

* Debug only */

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_',true);

if (_PS_MODE_DEV_)

{

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

/* Compatibility warning */

define('_PS_DISPLAY_COMPATIBILITY_WARNING_', true);

}

else

{

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

/* Compatibility warning */

define('_PS_DISPLAY_COMPATIBILITY_WARNING_', false);

}

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have had this exact same issue for over six months now.  I have tried many, many fixes, but nothing seems to work.  My max_input_vars = 6000.

Has anyone actually solved this issue?

Jeff

I have about 72 features with thousands of feature options.  

if it's related to max input var, if you've got 72 features with thousands i thing that 6000 max input vars value is not enough

• Like 1

Vekia,

Sorry, I mistyped the max_inout_vars value.  I have it set at 60,000.

max_execution_time 600 600 max_file_uploads 20 20 max_input_nesting_level 64 64 max_input_time -1 -1 max_input_vars 60000 60000 memory_limit 256M 256M

• 5 months later...

I just found similar problem with my prestashop 1.6.0.9 and found found similar thing happened. Cannot "Save and Stay" or "save" on editted product

In my case, it is caused by the abnormal price I got on my product which exceed 16digits 24500000.00000

After deleting the decimals, it all good already. Now im still figuring to delete the remaining decimal on my price. as the currency used in the shop is not USD.

Hopefully it help

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

I am also having same king of issue.

When i go to edit any product , 'Save and Stay' and 'Save' button take too much time to load.

Also once loaded when i click on any of them, i get unable to connect page.

I am not getting it.

Recently i have changed the max_input_vars = 6000.

Please help.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I just found similar problem with my prestashop 1.6.0.9 and found found similar thing happened. Cannot "Save and Stay" or "save" on editted product

In my case, it is caused by the abnormal price I got on my product which exceed 16digits 24500000.00000

After deleting the decimals, it all good already. Now im still figuring to delete the remaining decimal on my price. as the currency used in the shop is not USD.

Hopefully it help

Just for future reference

This helped me a lot. We had the same problem with a shop that we are building where the products are imported from a feed. The problem in our case was caused by the SEO Meta description. The content was to long and therefor Save didn't work.

So if anyone faces this problem, check if your field values are valid. Just empty one by one a see when you are able to Save.

This is not the same problem as the spinning Save buttons. We had that too, but that was caused by to many attributes in combiantion with a to short PHP execution timeout. This problem should be solved in the most recent Prestashop version. (1.6.1.2 at this moment)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi there

i also am having the same Save Spinning problem on Presta Shop 1.6.1.7

i have duplicated an older site (www.procape.co.za) to another url (wwwdealstoday.co.za).
i am experiencing the Save Spinning problem on the duplicated site (dealstoday), but not on the original site (procape), which is running nice and smooth.
The duplicated site also takes very long to load the Admin Panel and not much faster for the front end.

The process of duplication is as follows:
i created a database on dealstoday via CPanel
i uploaded a back up of the Procape site to the new site (dealstoday) via Ftp
i then restored the Procape database to Dealstoday database and made the needed changes in - shop and shop url.
i then made the needed changes to the Settings.inc.php
The site worked, but very slow. i then realized later that i can not load new products because of the Save Spinning issue.

i then deleted the files in CPanel - Public Html and uploaded it again via Ftp.
That did not help, the problem stayed the same.
i then deleted the database and restored it again.
That also made no difference, the problem stayed the same.
i am also receiving this error when opening a product

(timeout)
A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.
Please try again by refreshing the page.
If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

i have 1600 line items on the site, so it will take me about a month or 2 to reload all the products, so i am not looking at that option.

Anyone is welcome to come check out the Admin Panel, just let me know and i will create a temp login for them.

Thank you for the time

i hope this can be sorted out

Hi everybody,

I am facing quite the same problem as ctcamp but I haven´t duplicated the any site/template and also I haven´t add any products yet. Always when I try to add a new product the button is spinning and approximately after 30 sec I receive a timeout error.

My prestashop version is 1.6.1.7 and I do not have the site hosted on any external server, only at the local webserver. In a previous version I already managed to add products but I had other problems that´s why I decided to start completely new with the most up-to-date version of the shop.

Unfortunately now I am stucked and can´t continue due to this serios problem. I hope anyone can help me as like this the whole shop is useless!!!

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

• Like 1

Hi there

i have deleted the shop (Deals Today) entirely and reinstalled the latest Prestashop Installation 1.6.1.7, the Save Spinning problem is still there, also the error

(timeout)
A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.
Please try again by refreshing the page.
If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

still comes up too. It seems there is a problem in the Core of Prestashop.

i am not sure how to approach and solve this problem.

Please help

Thank you in advance

Check the Firebug console to see what error is occurring in the AJAX calls. It could be a file permissions error or a programming error. If you're sure all the required files exist and your directories are chmod 755 and files are chmod 644, then it must be a programming error. Edit config/defines.inc.php and change the value of _PS_MODE_DEV_ from false to true and you should get an error message on the Response tab of the AJAX call that is failing to help us debug the error.

Check the Firebug console to see what error is occurring in the AJAX calls. It could be a file permissions error or a programming error. If you're sure all the required files exist and your directories are chmod 755 and files are chmod 644, then it must be a programming error. Edit config/defines.inc.php and change the value of _PS_MODE_DEV_ from false to true and you should get an error message on the Response tab of the AJAX call that is failing to help us debug the error.

Hi there

The permissions seem to be fine as far as i can see

This is the error i see in Firebug

TypeError: $(...).filter(...).attr(...) is undefined

http://www.dealstoday.co.za/js/admin/products.js

Line 177

This is Line 177   -  current_tab = $(request.responseText).filter('.product-tab').attr('id').replace('product-', '');

The only error i see in regards to Debug Mode > true, is the Time out error i shared in the previous posts

Edited by ctcamp (see edit history)

Hi there

i managed to get this fixed by using the following settings below
Weirdest thing is that i do not have "Mcrypt Extension" installed
Even so, it is working this way, i am not quite sure why
Just want to mention that it is still loading a bit slow.

Performance-1-1.png
Performance-2.png

Performance-3.png

Performance-4.png
This settings i am using is in a new installation of 1.6.1.7
It seems unconventional, since the older Prestashop installation (Procape) has total different settings in the Performance
i will now duplicate the shop again and see if it works after i added all the needed data

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your feedback so far.

After the timeout error I was checking the log-file and it seems that the error is due to folder/file permissions in the following path: prestashop/cache/smarty/

I was Reading to change the permissions for the 2 subfolders appearing in the folder "smarty" to the value 755 and for all files to 644. Unfortunately I am using Windows 7 and a localhost (wampserver), therefore I do not have any idea how to change the corresponding permissions (via FTP it is not posible/working and I was reading that chmod is not working on Windows).

Is there any possibility to change these permissions on Windows system and if yes, how it is working? Do I have to take into consideration the changes when uploading the page after finalization to go online (e.g. undo changing permissions due to security reasons)?

Thank you very much once more.

• 2 weeks later...

Remove the following lines from the file /adminXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl: https://github.com/P...m.tpl#L252-L254

Hi there

Thank you, this also worked for me. i would just like to find out, my new site - www.dealstoday.co.za - now stops spinning, but it takes a couple of minutes, is there anything else i can change to speed it up somewhat.

Thank you again

Blessings

Remove the following lines from the file /adminXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl: https://github.com/P...m.tpl#L252-L254

Seems to work on PS 1.6.0.9, hope it holds! Thank you very much!

Had this kind of bug suddendly: instead of saving edits inside products, I was thrown out of it, at the catalogue page... Just to know, what this change does?

I am experiencing a very annoying situation. Whenever i edit the product, after I press save and stay, it doesn't work and takes me to product catalogue page. In the top, changes saved bar doesn't appear. I am now unable to change prices. Can you please help me out? My website is on cloudflare.

where to find this path /adminXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl: ? I can't find this on the control panel.

Just connect to your server via FTP and navigate to that folder (adminXXXX is your prestashop install folder, you renamed it to something else after installing PS)

PS 1.6.1.9 is out, which fixes this issue. If possible, I'd recommend to just upgrade to this version instead of manually modifying that file. 

Regrettably, upgarding to 1.6.1.9 does not fix the problem for me.

i have tried adding the code below in again, but that does also not help.

},

submitHandler: function(form) {

form.submit();

},  

i am thinking of reverting back to 1.6.1.7

i will keep you up to date as to if it works on 1.6.1.7

After reverting back to 1.6.1.7, i still have the same problem

i am posting the error i am getting on the error log in CPanel.

Would greatly appreciate any input on this error

Thank you in advance

[Thu Nov 10 16:34:10 2016] [error] [client 197.93.152.183] (12)Cannot allocate memory: couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/f3143995/public_html/index.php, referer: http://dealstoday.co.za/Henque/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=11&updateproduct&token=08bb03d1f865f2afdcbac139475d1541
[Thu Nov 10 16:34:10 2016] [error] [client 197.93.152.183] (12)Cannot allocate memory: couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/f3143995/public_html/Henque/index.php, referer: http://dealstoday.co.za/Henque/index.php?controller=AdminProducts&id_product=11&updateproduct&token=08bb03d1f865f2afdcbac139475d1541

Hi everyone

i just wanted to let you know i have been able to solve my problem.

This is how:

i have 3 websites, two of which i have had for a few years, i had no Save Spinning problems on them at any point.

The one i have been struggling with is a site i have aquired a few months ago.

i then compared the CPanel details and the older sites was on  one server, but the new one was on a different server.

i compared the differences and asked my hosting company to migrate the new site to the server where my other two sites was on.

They did so, i then downgraded the site and upgraded it again to 1.6.1.9 and the problem was solved.

The first image was the bad configuration:

Deals-Today.png

The second image was the right confguration:

Procape.png

i hope this helps someone, since i have struggled with this problem for long

Please for god sake... Somebody help me. Whenever I add new product or edit an existing product, first save and save and stay works. After that the save and stay and save button redirects to product catalog page and changes are not saved then. I tried to delete unnecessary modules but even then it is not working. I am tired of it. I can't even add new products efficiently. Help me Prestashop Gurus....

This also worked for me in version 1.6.1.5

The problem didn't always exist, it's just a recent issue. Not sure what caused it, but this fix worked.. Thank you!

(Edited to add)

I didn't "remove" the lines, just in case.. I put a "//" in front of each line so that it could easily be reverted back if it didn't work, or caused another issue.  If anyone is hesitating at changing the code, maybe you can try this option.. :)

Edited by Jen C (see edit history)

Does anybody know the solution for this? I am unable to make edits and adding new products properly. I have to repeat the product adding multiple times, then i am successful in adding the product. Whenever I edit an existing product or add a new product, save and save and stay button redirects to product catalogue page and edits are discarded. I am tired of searching the solution of it. Please help me.

I am having same problem on 1.6.1.7, I have tried all the fixes, the js file, the removal of the command line in the form.tpl I even reverted my PHP version to 5.4 as suggested with the server problem nothing worked. 

I am hesitant to upgrade to 1.6.1.9 because my last upgrade from 1.6.1.6 to .7 was a nightmare I lost all my theme modifications, categories, and products. tried to import the CSV file it would not accept it after the upgrade. the only thing I was able to restore after the upgrade was the global,css files since I had a backup and was able to dump it on the server but all the backend imports for categories and products failed to import after upgrade, and to make things worse I could not revert back to previous version .6 because of error. 

So I finally got done re-building my whole website from the ground up on version 1.6.1.7 and now this error with the tabs, and only solution is to upgrade to 1.6.1.9 ? really do not want to go through all of that again....ugg. 

I am willing to try anything here (besides that upgrade nightmare again) any suggestions? the host does not want to admit it is their server causing the issue because did not have these issues on another server but migrated to this crappy one. 

They did the migration for free so I could upgrade to php7 since it was not available on the previous server so I don't have the heart to ask them to migrate me back. So I need to find a solution on this build on this server. 

I also tried the fix found here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34726844/prestashop-endless-spinning-product-save-button/40832661#40832661

using a override folder and modifying all the .tpl files but that too did not work. 

Edited by brohemath (see edit history)

I had the issue like my save and stay & save button do not saved anything. My modules page from back office was also not working. I asked my hosting provider to look and he did some changes from back end and then my modules page was working. Then I upgraded my prestashop version and my saving issue is solved. Now only phpmail function is not working and i got configured manually and everything now is working fine. Please check if all your back office links are working fine or not.

I've tried on PHP 5.6 and PHP 7 on both I get the same result.

In debug console I get this:

VM492:5 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).typeahead is not a function(…)(anonymous function) @ VM492:5j @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2add @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2n.fn.ready @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2(anonymous function) @ VM492:2(anonymous function) @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2globalEval @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2domManip @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3append @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3(anonymous function) @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3n.access @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3html @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3success @ products.js:127j @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2fireWith @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2x @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4b @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4

. I asked my hosting provider to look and he did some changes from back end and then my modules page was working. 

Would be nice to know what changes he made. 

I am 99% sure this is a server issue, old server (on php5.6) no problems, new server (php7) problem, hosting provider will not admit it unless I have some sort of proof it is their server causing the issue. 

The only permanent solution i found that worked for me was to get my Host to put my sites on an older server. Two of my sites were on the older server and i never had any problems with them. I posted the server configuration earlier. As far as my sites are concerned, the problem is solved now.

Good luck getting it sorted

Hi there,

I had the same Problems.

So I upgraded to the actual Version 1.6.1.10

but still the same problem - the Save-Button on the product page still rotating.

Not on all product - only with some.

Then I found a possible Problem: When I go to the Pictures-Tab of the Product - there were no Images displayed and also when I wait several minutes.

I was looking in to the phpMyAdmin to check what is on with this particulary product.

In Table "ps_image_lang", the "legend" field of the product related image, there was a text with linebrakes (multiple lines). So I edited the field to one line.

Tried again, and - what a wonder - the product was loading properly and the Save-Buttons where active - also the images were loaded.

Maybe this could be an possible way to a solution.

I have the same problem, I can't edit new product, Save and Save and Stay buttons are spinning forever. 

PrestaShop 1.6.1.9

This is the error from a console (domain name is changed):

Uncaught TypeError: this._super is not a function
    at b.(anonymous function).(anonymous function)._create (http://www.mywebshop.com/adminXXXX/themes/default/js/jquery.fileupload-process.js:156:18)
    at b.(anonymous function).(anonymous function)._createWidget (http://www.mywebshop.com/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.widget.min.js:13:144)
    at b.(anonymous function).(anonymous function) (http://www.mywebshop.com/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.widget.min.js:11:93)
    at HTMLInputElement.<anonymous> (http://www.mywebshop.com/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.widget.min.js:12:241)
    at Function.each (http://www.mywebshop.com/js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2:2969)
    at e.fn.init.each (http://www.mywebshop.com/js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2:845)
    at e.fn.init.b.fn.(anonymous function) [as fileupload] (http://www.mywebshop.com/js/jquery/ui/jquery.ui.widget.min.js:12:164)
    at HTMLDocument.eval (eval at <anonymous> (http://www.mywebshop.com/js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2:2616), <anonymous>:25:14)
    at j (http://www.mywebshop.com/js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2:27136)
    at Object.add [as done] (http://www.mywebshop.com/js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js:2:27445)

This error shows up 10+ seconds after I click on a product I want to edit.

Here is that piece of code from the jquery.fileupload-process.js:

_create: function () {
	this._super();
	this._processing = 0;
	this._processingQueue = $.Deferred().resolveWith(this)
		.promise();
}

After commenting line 156 I am able to save all changes, but now I can't upload new picture from my computer.

file: adminXXXX/themes/default/js/jquery.fileupload-process.js

//this._super();

Strange thing is that everything works fine on a test server, so I guess it's a server problem.

Test server

PHP version: 5.4.45
Memory limit: 96M
Max execution time: 30
MySQL version: 5.5.53

Live server

PHP version: 5.5.38
Memory limit: 128M
Max execution time: 30
MySQL version: 10.0.27-MariaDB-cll-lve

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by mindwaster (see edit history)

Hello.

I had also the same problem when i wanted to edit a product and save product it kept redirecting me to product list without saving any changes.

After a long research on the net i read in a forum that the problem was due to new Google chrome update.

So i decided to try adding and saving produtcs in Firefox or Internet explorer and everything was working perfect and i might say much faster than in Chrome.

Hope this will help.

My best regards

Hi 

Am building a shop with PS 1.6.1.9. and have suddenly started seeing very slow load times for specific actions.

For example, I have a product with a MORE button. Hitting this button takes 20 seconds to load the product detail.

e.g. http://roseashfoods.com/home/8-olive-oil-500ml.html

I have tried in Chrome, FF and Edge with the same result.

I will try upgrading to 1.6.1.10 but it doens't look likely that will fix it.

Most of the pages load fine but some AJAX features are very slow.

Interestingly I just tried this on my mobile phone which is a Lumia with an older IE browser on it.

The site works fine in all respects!

I am wondering if this is a jquery issue?  Should I try a more recent version?

Gus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi, i have the same problem the save button spinning never end

i tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE

the button only works when i open it from mobile phone

please help to solve this problem

Prestashop 1.6.1.10 fresh install

PHP version 5,6

here is the error console :

post-1357705-0-44613600-1483960273_thumb.jpg

post-1357705-0-15845300-1483960524_thumb.jpg

Expand the error so it shows the code at that broken line

here the product.js

post-1357705-0-99066300-1483974722_thumb.jpg

For some reason my link died.

Try this fix:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20175177/presta-paypal-module-causes-response-to-be-delayed

In short go to this module:   

modules/paypal/paypal_logos.php

And then comment out this line:

//$this->updatePictures($logo[0], $destination);

It's some really dumb code in the Paypal module.

but i don't have any paypal module installed..

Hi, I had the same spinning save buttons issue, unable to edit, save or create any new products (my Prestashop 1.6.1.1). Back office extremely slow over the last month or so, put it down to slow browser/computer. Then needed to create new product... nightmare, unable to edit anything. Product tabs in back-office wouldn't load at all, and would eventually time out with Check your server message popping up. Deleted modules and disabled stats, but no joy.

As probably many of you have done I searched the forums, read Top man Nemo's posts, tried all sorts of fixes but no joy. Couldn't upgrade to latest 1.6.1.x version as have made too many mod's to site & template, which would vanish on upgrading (learn't that lesson the hard way!). Best solution seemed the Official Prestashop release of 1.6.1.9 and to manually update the patch files (http://build.prestashop.com/news/prestashop-1619-maintenance-release/). Did that and cleared cache in Prestashop & browser, but no fix for me (left altered files - 9 of them).

Continued searching web for another fix (or else I would have to as a last resort replace all js, admin, class directories with the ones from 1.6.1.9) and found this discussion on a similar issue back in April 2015 : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29564419/prestashop-modules-page-is-loading-very-slowly

See link to Github patch file: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/7e891c594e3cc8b48aea0a57ed674189abc19493

Uploaded the complete version of the file classes/controller/AdminController as shown on github. Cleared cache on Prestashop (Advanced Parameters/Performance) and in browser. DING DANG DO... unbelievable, spinning wheels gone, couldn't believe my eyes! Back Office the quickest it's ever been. RESULT!

Hope this is the solution you've been looking for?

Recap: Manually update the 9 patch files from Prestahop release - http://build.prestashop.com/news/prestashop-1619-maintenance-release/

github: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/6749

Replace: classes/controller/AdminController file with the one below:

Github patch file: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/7e891c594e3cc8b48aea0a57ed674189abc19493

CLEAR Prestashop cache & browser cache.   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

If your product editor finishes loading, but the product isn't saved correctly, then upgrading should fix your issue.

If the buttons are forever spinning, then it's probably a JavaScript error and upgrading mightn't help.

EXACTLY! this is the error we are talking about and it goes back as far as .4 there were fixes and work around's then, but since .7 no solution.

The server owners whom I have been using for 10 years and have a great relationship with say it is a PrestaShop problem (which is was on 4 and 5) and from what I am reading here, user input included it is a server problem. BUT the real problem is we don't know what the cause is. If we can discover that we can fix it on 7,8,9 etc. 

A wise man with pointy ears once said, "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remainsno matter how improbable, must be the truth". 

A few possibilities have been ruled out based on the changes in architecture already, so what is left? I dropped some clues here, the difference of my two servers was PHP versions but I will also say this new server is SLOW. these spinning tabs are obviously time out related. 

SO! my solution might be as easy as return to old server, however if that is not possible for next person, would be good to solve this. 

hi, i have the same problem the save button spinning never end

i tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE

the button only works when i open it from mobile phone

please help to solve this problem

Prestashop 1.6.1.10 fresh install

PHP version 5,6

here is the error console :

attachicon.gifError.JPG

attachicon.gifError 1.JPG

Hmmm this is an interesting piece of information. Could it be because mobile phones do not use javascript by default?  or did you enable it on your phone?

"For Android, open the Android browser. Tap the Menu button, and tap Settings. Next, tap Advanced, and select Enable JavaScript. Go to Settings, and tap Privacy and Security. "

Another poster indicated the spinning tabs were javascript related on older versions. So would be advantageous for us to know if your phone has that feature enabled or disabled to see if there is any relevance to the issue, since it is working on your phone and not PC.

Edited by brohemath (see edit history)

Hi, I had the same spinning save buttons issue, unable to edit, save or create any new products (my Prestashop 1.6.1.1). Back office extremely slow over the last month or so, put it down to slow browser/computer. Then needed to create new product... nightmare, unable to edit anything. Product tabs in back-office wouldn't load at all, and would eventually time out with Check your server message popping up. Deleted modules and disabled stats, but no joy.

As probably many of you have done I searched the forums, read Top man Nemo's posts, tried all sorts of fixes but no joy. Couldn't upgrade to latest 1.6.1.x version as have made too many mod's to site & template, which would vanish on upgrading (learn't that lesson the hard way!). Best solution seemed the Official Prestashop release of 1.6.1.9 and to manually update the patch files (http://build.prestashop.com/news/prestashop-1619-maintenance-release/). Did that and cleared cache in Prestashop & browser, but no fix for me (left altered files - 9 of them).

Continued searching web for another fix (or else I would have to as a last resort replace all js, admin, class directories with the ones from 1.6.1.9) and found this discussion on a similar issue back in April 2015 : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29564419/prestashop-modules-page-is-loading-very-slowly

See link to Github patch file: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/7e891c594e3cc8b48aea0a57ed674189abc19493

Uploaded the complete version of the file classes/controller/AdminController as shown on github. Cleared cache on Prestashop (Advanced Parameters/Performance) and in browser. DING DANG DO... unbelievable, spinning wheels gone, couldn't believe my eyes! Back Office the quickest it's ever been. RESULT!

Hope this is the solution you've been looking for?

Recap: Manually update the 9 patch files from Prestahop release - http://build.prestashop.com/news/prestashop-1619-maintenance-release/

github: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/6749

Replace: classes/controller/AdminController file with the one below:

Github patch file: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/7e891c594e3cc8b48aea0a57ed674189abc19493

CLEAR Prestashop cache & browser cache.   

Very great addition to the discussion my man. 

The Recap. and question: Would the Replace classes/controller part work for .7 ? is there a github patch release for .7 ? 

Most of the pages load fine but some AJAX features are very slow.

Another good point, the original issue from endless spinning tabs on .4 was ajax time out related if memory servers me correct. However with prestshop no one size fits all solution is possible, each version had it's issues that were later resolved and there were work around solutions on many of them. Right now the evidence is leading toward javascript. But then you also have this Paypal junko module that could be throwing some monkeys wrenches in the works. For me it does not matter what is causing the problem if it is everything or one thing what matters is solving and bringing that back to the community like many here are doing so people can be free of this nightmare! lol I over dramatize but for effect. :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm having a similar issue.

When I am adding or editing a product and I click Save and Stay, it just reloads the product list page. When I go into my product again, it has not saved.

Sometimes, when I click Save and Stay, it does actually save. So it is an intermittent problem.

Can anyone help?

Here's a video of what happens:

Thanks,

Brendon

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...