XMLhttpRequest error need some help please !!

Well everything worked well till today when i changed a image file ,now if i click on the cart icon on home featured products page i will get the error below.
When i go to a product true categories and then click on the cart icon the product will be placed in the shopping cart like it should.
So it seems it is only on the frontpage when clicking on the cart button from a homefeature product, i replaced the image again with the old one but still the same error.
I also replaced the module homefeatured and also replaced some files mentioned on the forum from the existing thread off a similier problem.
Please what can i do to fix this problem.

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to add the product.

Details:
Error thrown: [object XMLHttpRequest]
Text status: error

Hoping for a solution.

Thanks in advance.

ysco..

Bump...

Seems that no 1 have a straight answer fro this problem huh??
I have read true all threads that this problem has but none off the threads have a real solution or they also didn`t get a answer.
Some off the admin ( the maker off prestashop must know what could cause this problem ) please admins give me a hint or a fix to solve this bad problem.

I have version 1.2.4. running on ssl.
I have try`t to replace the block_cart module, some product.php and other files mentioned in other threads.
I have not a default template installed.
I even kopie the whole backup from 2 days ago to the server when it whas working perfect but that also not works.
I also replaced the database from 2 days back, also not working.
I have 2 different servers 1 for testing and 1 live server ( both servers gives problems after a image file change )

For now i have disabled ajax from the shopping cart module cause otherwise you get the fault on the featured page when clicking on the cart button.
I want that the shopping cart works again instead of the temp fix by disable the ajax function.

Please some help admins don`t know what else to do.

Thanks.

ysco..

Wel i found something after removing line by line in init.php cause i had the feeling that something there caused my problem ,the line that i have deleted solved my problem for now but i don`t know if this is a importent line and if this can give other problems.
I have deleted the line " 'content_dir' => $protocol_content.$server_host.__PS_BASE_URI__, " and after removing the cart button in frontpage is working normal again and i don`t get the XMLHttpRequest error anymore.

Can someone tell me then if this line can be edited so that it works again cause this line gives the problem, or can this line be deleted and can do no harm ?

ysco..

• 3 months later...

Not knowing if you have the same error as I encountered, in my case it was a product with the swedish letter å that somehow had it's name converted to html = & aring ; . So the solution was quite easy, just renaming the product back to the right value saved my day.
Perhaps the next question is if there are more faulty product out there lurking in the shop...

• 1 month later...