How to write 100's of unique product descriptions and SEO-data with a smile on your face?

nienha

I am sitting here with my CSV files and are filling out every field, from description to price to tax, tiny-url, image url, meta-titles(carefull, not more than 65 words, and no less than 55 :() and the list goes on and on and a question arise; What can I do to best do this task, while at the same time writing good text and satisfying Google's SEO-mania on 100's of different products and categories? Any good advice or best practices?

hardwork1.jpg

• Like 1

Get the SEO Module for PrestaShop. Automate what you can and customize what you need. Good SEO will take a long time but it's worth it. There's just no other way around it in order to have good SEO. 

Here's the module if you wanna check it out. It's one of our most popular modules and also has really good reviews, http://addons.prestashop.com/en/seo-prestashop-modules/175-seo-search-engine-optimization.html

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I wouldn't necessarily spend money if you don't have to. We use the formulas provided by Excel. For example, 

=CONCATENATE("The ",[CELL CONTAINING PRODUCT NAME i.e. J170]," would be a phenomenal edition to your collection of products from us."," Ask us about our ongoing discounts today!")

When this formula is added to a cell, it "concatenates" several phrases with the value of a specific cell in Excel. We keep the product name in the description because it makes it unique. Once you have the product description formulas written for at least three products (using their unique cell number), just highlight them and double click the little expand box at the bottom of the green highlight box to make as many descriptions as you need with the product name reference. The cell number will change dependent on the row.

This is the best I could explain it, but I hope I could help.