Price product by weight?

dlbrey77

I am just trying out PrestaShop for the first time to see if it will work for my website.  I sell meteorites that have a specific price based upon the weight of the product, typically grams.  Does anyone know if this is a capability of the basic product, or if there is a custom module that will support?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello dlbrey77,

I noticed your post and also the fact that you have not had any replies on it.

I have a similar issue in that I am wanting to sell meat cuts based on weight (kg's) and want to price it and display the price on the front end based on weight.

Have you come up with a solution to this?

Luther

Prestashop supports this feature with ... the features feature (LOL) along with combinations that create standard weight/price combinations  alternatives that appear as selectable choices on the product page as far as i can tell. For more interactive and user-friendly implementation e.g allowing customer to define any weight he wishes you should probably use a custom-tailored module.

Luther,

I hadn't found a solution, but it looks like someone posted that it is supported by the features feature.  I haven't had a chance to explore this, but am not sure that it would solve my problem.  I haven't had much time to devote to this, but figured that I might have to learn how to code it up myself if Prestashop didn't support it by default.  In the meantime, I'm doing the calculation before I load my items into the website - so I'm kind of avoiding the problem versus solving it.

Thanks netplayer for the solution.  I'll take a look at that and see if it will help.