Customize add product in backend

the7wind

I want to give permission to view/edit the SEO, suppliers and some other tabs only to admins.

I searched within the forum and found only solutions on how to delete these tabs within AdminProductsController.php 

It should be interesting if i could combine to http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/280108-check-if-current-user-is-in-a-certain-group/

where i display tabs depending on the group.

The problem with prestashop is that we can only give the whole 'products' permission within the backend while sometimes you need the seo administrator to only stick with seo and the boutique manager to only stick to add the products.

Thanks for anyone who can help me with this :)

Good morning

I thought you could do this by:

Back office > Administration > Permissions 

Paul

We certainly can't assign the persmission of a single tab such as seo, infomation, prices ...etc : we only assign their permission as a whole.

In my case i want a certain group to view/edit only infomation, prices and images tabs : no more! 

Thanks for your reply any way :)

hello

there is an option to define permissions for each subitem of "preferences" tab

AOHJP7V.png

you use 1.5.x ?

Maybe i wasn't clear : i wanna customize the tabs/links with the Add new product.  

product.jpg

This is what i wanna keep for certain groups.

This is a related topic where he wanted to delete the links/tabs while i want to keep them for certain groups.

Thanks again for your fast replies :)

Well the solution i came up with is creating a back end template then modify the admin.css and add

#link-Suppliers {display:none;} 

...etc

This is not an efficient solution for me since i have to change every employee's backend theme.

I would have prefered something like this 

if ($employee->id_profile != _PS_ADMIN_PROFILE_){
$content = '<style>#link-Suppliers {display:none;} </style>';
}

Didn't manage to know where to place such code :/
If anyone could give me a little hand for this.

Probably in file:

<your personal admin folder>/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl

Here you see some code like this:

<div class="productTabs" style="display:none;">
			<ul class="tab">
			{*todo href when nojs*}
			{foreach $product_tabs key=numStep item=tab}
				<li class="tab-row">
					<a class="tab-page {if $tab.selected}selected{/if}" id="link-{$tab.id}" href="{$tab.href}&updateproduct">{$tab.name}</a>
				</li>
			{/foreach}
			</ul>
		</div>

Then, dependent on $tab.name and the admin group you can add the <li> item or not, or make it readonly or so.

Hope this helps,

pascal 

Probably in file:

<your personal admin folder>/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl

Here you see some code like this:

<div class="productTabs" style="display:none;">
			<ul class="tab">
			{*todo href when nojs*}
			{foreach $product_tabs key=numStep item=tab}
				<li class="tab-row">
					<a class="tab-page {if $tab.selected}selected{/if}" id="link-{$tab.id}" href="{$tab.href}&updateproduct">{$tab.name}</a>
				</li>
			{/foreach}
			</ul>
		</div>

Then, dependent on $tab.name and the admin group you can add the <li> item or not, or make it readonly or so.

Hope this helps,

pascal 

Thanks for pointing out where the productTabs is handled : It does help, i can make my changes there without having to alter core files. :)