303 rewrite after upgrade from 1.5.3 to 1.5.6?

prestalearn

Im about to upgrade my store from 1.5.3 to 1.5.6 and then also going to add a number of other languages.

To avoid downtime ive made a fresh install and configured everything so I just need to redirect my shop domain.

However since I reinstalled everything all my products and categories has new Id-s wich also means new urls. (for example mydomain.com/3-category/ can be www.mydomain.com/en/2-category/ and same with products). 

What is the best way to make this so seo-friendly as possible?

Simply list all my current urls in a .htaccess and manually redirect (303?) all pages to new urls in new shop?

Thanks in advance!

Thx El Patron but that doesnt quite cover my questions. Since I doing a totally fresh install the new install cant detect any old urls and everything is getting new IDs so its some kind of rewriting needed in any way.

Is there some kind of modul that can extract all my current urls so I dont miss anything by accident when doing my .htaccess?

Thx El Patron but that doesnt quite cover my questions. Since I doing a totally fresh install the new install cant detect any old urls and everything is getting new IDs so its some kind of rewriting needed in any way.

Is there some kind of modul that can extract all my current urls so I dont miss anything by accident when doing my .htaccess?

I don't understand how from an upgrade 1.5.3 to 1.5.6 that your url's would change other than adding a language.

It's a bit confusing, you state upgrade but then install...can you be more specific about what you actually did?  Sorry I am the oldest mod on here and confuse easy. :)

Sorry El-Patron, I will try to clarify what im actually doing :) Im doing a new clean install of prestashop 1.5.6.1.

Im running 1.5.3 today.

This means my new urls will not only include /languagedir/ that havent been there before but also new product urls since the ID:s wont be the same as before.

Is that a bit more clear now? :)

Merry xmas!