I need to eliminate Error 500

Hi,

This error 500 is bugging me from quite some time now. I experience this error on my store mostly when I save a product after adding a new one and editing an existing one AND at the time of Checkout(COD Module) and the Payment Gateway Module does not redirect resulting in the same error.  

Whenever I face this error, I go into the BO--->Preferences--->SEO and URLs--->Disable Apache Mod Security.. Now this has two options, YES and NO. I alternatively use Yes or No to get rid of the error. Like if it is set to 'Yes', I change it to 'No', the error goes away.. Again if it is set to 'No', and same error comes, I change it 'Yes' and the error goes away. I read it somewhere in the Forum that this trick works and it does but I cannot use it all the time, I just want to get rid of this error once and for all.

I have read several posts in the Forum regarding the same issue.. but I do not know how to change permission of Files/Folders from 777 to 755.. I don't know where they are and how to change them.

Although, I have turned on error reporting and I get the following error... I do not know what it is..

I am hugely thankful to members of this community like Vekia, Nemo, Benjamin, El Patron and others for providing their help to everyone. Please help me get rid of this error.

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

MySQL server has gone away

SELECT *
FROM `ps_orders` a
WHERE (a.id_order = 81)
LIMIT 1

at line 613 in file classes/db/Db.php

607.             WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '
 '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
608.         }
609.         else if (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS'))
610.         {
611.             if ($sql)
612.                 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
613.             throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
614.         }
615.     }
617.     /**

I am using PS 1.5.5.

Hi.

To change permissions you need to access your server via an FTP client software and usually by right clicking a folder / file you will have an option to set permissions.

'MySQL server has gone away' most of the times it means that the connection has been dropped.

Regards.

Robin.

The CartExpert Team

• Like 1

this message appears when there is not enough resources to handle your query.

what kind of hosting you use? what about limits? how many ram? cpu?

Hi,

I am using Godaddy's basic shared hosting plan. I am not sure how can I find out limits, ram and cpu... But I have used less than 1% of the allotted disk space and bandwidth. There is a very negligible traffic on my website since I have not launched it yet. What can be done to solve this problem? Is there anything I can do with the php5.ini file? I manually added that file with just max_var and memory_limit inputs few days back.  

this message appears when there is not enough resources to handle your query.

what kind of hosting you use? what about limits? how many ram? cpu?

I deactivated the friendly URL and I have not got this problem ever since(3 days) in BO as well as while checkout. Although I want to have friendly URL s on my store. Is there any way I can fix this?

i think that it's not related to traffic, it's probably related to mysql. 

i suppose that you've got some limitations here like "maximum queries per hour, per day, per week etc.)

do you know something about these limitations? it will be much easier if you will ask goddady support,