Problem with Printing to Epson dot matrix printer

Hi,

I have to print deliveryslip with epson dot matrix printer because our financial affairs department wants the delivery slips in 3 copies using continuous form paper. I managed to arranged the data in the correct places to fit the continuous form paper(it is not empty paper). But when I print it does not show the charters properly :( I can not read the result.. 

When I change the file manually to docx file, change the font to courrier new and print using same printer everything is ok. The quality of the printout is good. Neverthless we can not do this manualy for every order it will be too complicated for the user and it will take too much time.

I tried to change the default font which was 'freeserif' in PDFGenerator.php to 'courrier new' but I got an error. Report didn't work at all. I am not sure if this changing font will be a solution for my problem. 

Is there a way that prestashop gives out txt or docs report instead of pdf report? 

I couldn't find where I can change the file type. 

Thank you..

Hi,

This is infact an interesting problem.

From what I understand prestashop uses tcpdf classes for generating PDFs. Here is the link : http://www.tcpdf.org/fonts.php

By default TCPDF supports Courier Font, but prestashop installation does not have the courier font in their fonts. You can do a trial and error. The folder to look is tools/tcpdf and classes/pdf.

Hope this helps.

• 8 months later...

I think Prestashop must provide an invoice in plain text form in addition to the PDF form. Because Dotmatrix printer may be operated optimally when printing plain text documents. In addition, there are many offices that still require dotmatrix printer.

• 4 years later...