How to disable tax on amount of discount?

When is a product price is discounted, the amount of the discount is taxed and added into to the sale price.

For example:

• Tax rate: 6%
  • Original product price: $5.95
  • Discount: $1.00
  •  
  • When user is not logged in:
  • Sale product price: $4.95
  •  
  • When user is logged in and location is taxed:
  • Sale product price: $5.01
  • Tax: $0.30 

Any suggestions for how to disable tax on the amount of the discount?  Back office options?  Which class/controller to override?

Thanks!

There has never been a solution that works for this issue and Prestashop refuses to change it.

The only way to have this work is to use % for the discount.

There was a post that had a partial fix for this in 1.4 but I say partial because while it did make the price show without tax in the shop it did not change the invoice or the order page int eh back office.

So when you see the price they paid it would not match the invcoice or order page.

Sorry!

Thanks for the input.  I figured out where to adjust this.  In /prestashop/overrides/classes/Product.php, override Product::priceCalculation() by changing:

$reduc = !$use_tax ? $product_tax_calculator->removeTaxes($reduction_amount) : $reduction_amount;

to:

$reduc = $reduction_amount;

This works in the cart and in the generated invoices.  YMMV.  Product.php
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the input.  I figured out where to adjust this.  In /prestashop/overrides/classes/Product.php, override Product::priceCalculation() by changing:

$reduc = !$use_tax ? $product_tax_calculator->removeTaxes($reduction_amount) : $reduction_amount;

to:

$reduc = $reduction_amount;

This works in the cart and in the generated invoices.  YMMV.  attachicon.gifProduct.php

Thank you soooo much! You saved my day!! :)

Works in 1.5.6.2 as well for anyone that wants to know.

Also for people who don't know: if you don't find the function in prestashop/overrides/classes/Product.php - look in prestashop/classes/product.php - but you should really copy the file with the relevant function to the override folder for upgrade safety. 

Edited by Arkadia (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Though I am using ps 1.6.0.9 i'm also using a theme build for prestashop 1.5 so this post helped me. however I the javascript loads the price with the incorrect price in the product page if combination is available. When page loads it comps with the correct price but when java script loads an page load finishes it changes the price to the same way. I've looked at the product.js but confused with the code. Any suggestion ?

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...