Tax is being applied twice, please help.

Jeffro

Hello, I am using PrestaShop 1.5.6.1. I have a tax rule setup and applied to my products and tax is applied just fine in the cart.

The problem is that when a customer checks out (PayPal API) a second tax is added at the PayPal login screen. Where could this be coming from?

I checked PayPal and no taxes are defined there.

Can anyone help me out please?

Edited by Jeffro (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am using PrestaShop 1.5.6.1. I have a tax rule setup and applied to my products and tax is applied just fine in the cart.

The problem is that when a customer checks out (PayPal API) a second tax is added at the PayPal login screen. Where could this be coming from?

I checked PayPal and no taxes are defined there.

Can anyone help me out please?

Did you find a solution? I am having the same exact problem.

Here is what PayPal has told me:

After the calculation of shipping amount and sales tax in step 1 your shopping cart upload the data to the paypal and during the upload your shopping cart again passes the sales tax to the paypal( which you already added to the total in step one). So this way your tax is being added twice. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am also having problem with tax being applied twice but only on Specials. The method has using taxes included for discount and then tax is also applied again. I am new to PrestaShop, so assuming I need to somewhere indicate the tax excluded price -which I would prefer is what could  be done.

I am also having problem with tax being applied twice but only on Specials. The method has using taxes included for discount and then tax is also applied again. I am new to PrestaShop, so assuming I need to somewhere indicate the tax excluded price -which I would prefer is what could  be done.

This probably won't help you, but I deleted all of my taxes, and tax rules and remade all of them. Then I had to add the new tax rule to each product in my store.

So far I haven't had anymore issues with double tax, but I haven't tested with specials.