Can't upload any images

SkyHiRider

When a custome tries to upload an jpg image using my frontoffice product page I get this error:

Warning: imagecolorallocate() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/peciatky/eshop/images.inc.php on line 255 
Warning: imagefilledrectangle() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/peciatky/eshop/images.inc.php on line 256 
Warning: imagecopyresampled() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/peciatky/eshop/images.inc.php on line 259 
Warning: imagejpeg() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/peciatky/eshop/images.inc.php on line 336 
Warning: imagedestroy() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/peciatky/eshop/images.inc.php on line 339
Edited by SkyHiRider (see edit history)

Prestashop 1.4.4 - don't really know why it started happening as file uploads worked before - perhaps a conflicting module.

But I found a workaround of the issue by buying Atrribute wizard pro and using it for downloads instead. Especially usefull is the fact

that I can specify the allowed file extensions.

Too bad Prestashop can not do this by default :(

I have a similar problem.

Since upgrading to PS1.5.6.1 I can't upload product pictures. I get undefined error in th PS window. and the console shows the server returns a"403(forbidden)" error.

I can upload Category images with no problems but cannot upload the same image as a Product photo.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Simon

I have a similar problem.

Since upgrading to PS1.5.6.1 I can't upload product pictures. I get undefined error in th PS window. and the console shows the server returns a"403(forbidden)" error.

I can upload Category images with no problems but cannot upload the same image as a Product photo.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Simon

It may be that you have the wrong permissions set. You need to find out the prestashop directory where images are stored and try doing chmod 777 on it.

Hmm, I did a quick google search and found this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19740745/prestashop-media-files-dont-load-403-error

Install a different prestashop in a different directory and see if the problem persists. If it does it's probably a server config error and you should have a look there (.htaccess or apache config among other things).

If you are paying for your hosting send them an email about your problem and they should help, if you're the host then I do not envy you :/ After a few years of doing my own hosting I (finally) came to the conclusion to outsource my hosting, it's easier and less painful that way. Faster problem solutions too.